Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

Quote from: ross4life on January 31, 2010, 05:21:28 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 31, 2010, 05:14:32 PM
QuoteJust all the Gooners saying Rooney only scores against Hull and all those crap teams.

You can add Arsenal to that list of crap teams

Arsenal are not Crap! just the 3rd best team in England

You spend an awful amount of time on here when your beloved team are playing...............
Small minds have small attention spans I suppose

ross4life

Quote from: Dakota on January 31, 2010, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 31, 2010, 05:21:28 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 31, 2010, 05:14:32 PM
QuoteJust all the Gooners saying Rooney only scores against Hull and all those crap teams.

You can add Arsenal to that list of crap teams

Arsenal are not Crap! just the 3rd best team in England

You spend an awful amount of time on here when your beloved team are playing...............
Small minds have small attention spans I suppose

this whole Gaaboard thing is not working out for you is it??

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dakota

Interesting and yet strange response...You not watching the game?

gerry

Quote from: Dakota on January 31, 2010, 05:13:10 PM
Quote from: gerry on January 31, 2010, 05:11:29 PM
On  way home from work. Anybody  good links save me looking.

Hope you didn't drive home seeing as you are obviously drunk

thats right
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

tyroneman

If ever a team flatter to decieve it's arsenal. Players like nasri, bentdner, eboue (first contribution to fall on his ar$e), almunia, eduardo, rosicky, denilson and walcott are not of the standard nor have the character to win titles. Serious questions must also be asked of wenger who pit a b team out for a winnable fa cup and who Has failed to strengthen the team now on several occasions where they may have had a chance of doing something. How does rafa get calls for the sack and wenger is untouchable.

Dinny Breen

In hind-sight that game could have ended 6-6, alas Man U should why their are champions and Ferguson why he is the best manager of all time where the team is everything and he gets average players to consistently play above themselves. Very clinical performance from them, Fabregas, Rosicky and Nasri all below par, mentally Arsenal just don't have the experience to compete in these games.

Chelsea might switch off next week and if Arsenal can seek a point they have a the easier run in and will probably finish the season unbeaten which will give them a chance, lose badly though next week and I wouldn't be surprised if they finished out of the top four.

What has happened Clichy?

#newbridgeornowhere

stew

Quote from: tyroneman on January 31, 2010, 06:05:40 PM
If ever a team flatter to decieve it's arsenal. Players like nasri, bentdner, eboue (first contribution to fall on his ar$e), almunia, eduardo, rosicky, denilson and walcott are not of the standard nor have the character to win titles. Serious questions must also be asked of wenger who pit a b team out for a winnable fa cup and who Has failed to strengthen the team now on several occasions where they may have had a chance of doing something. How does rafa get calls for the sack and wenger is untouchable.

Wegner is light years ahead of benitez as a manager, he has done wonders with the arsenal youngsters bringing them on and all rafa can do is sign expensive duds and lose to teams on a consistent basis they should be beating.

Wegner is not untouchable but tell me this, if he were to go who could do better that Wegner?

I'd say nobody, Arsenal would do well to keep him, Liverpool should get rid of that clown benitez as soon as possible.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Dinny Breen

Well done on you prediction Stew, very Cassandra like ya fecker...
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: stew on January 31, 2010, 06:20:35 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on January 31, 2010, 06:05:40 PM

Wegner is light years ahead of benitez as a manager, he has done wonders with the arsenal youngsters bringing them on and all rafa can do is sign expensive duds and lose to teams on a consistent basis they should be beating.

Wegner is not untouchable but tell me this, if he were to go who could do better that Wegner?

I'd say nobody, Arsenal would do well to keep him, Liverpool should get rid of that clown benitez as soon as possible.

There are plenty of managers who would do as good as Wenger has done over the last 6 years. They probably would not play attractive football, hide behind the endless talk of bringing young players through and show little or no respect for the domestic Cups. But i'd bet they'd still qualify for knockout rounds of the Champions league and finish 3rd or 4th in the league.

stew

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 31, 2010, 06:26:36 PM
Well done on you prediction Stew, very Cassandra like ya fecker...

here dinny, i wish i had a bet on that socreline, twenty quid would have been a nice bet, i am sure i would have gotten about 20-1 odds.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Dinny Breen

QuoteThere are plenty of managers who would do as good as Wenger has done over the last 6 years. They probably would not play attractive football, hide behind the endless talk of bringing young players through and show little or no respect for the domestic Cups. But i'd bet they'd still qualify for knockout rounds of the Champions league and finish 3rd or 4th in the league.

Really, who are these magical managers? And at the same time it would be a bit stupid to bring in some who will get the same results but playing less entertaining football in what is after all an enterntainment business.

You didn't answer the question, what manager could bring Arsenal onto a higher level?
#newbridgeornowhere

under the bar

QuoteAlmunia I give up on and that Denilson could have cleared the 2nd if had half the desire of Rooney, two awful goals to give away meanwhile the Arse waste chance after chance...

hmm... Arsenal did have a couple of chances but a fair reflection of scoring chances would be about 5-2 to united.  'Dominated' would not be too strong a word to sum up Arsenal's day

Dinny Breen

Don't be so rose tinted, Man U deserved the win but Arsenal had 7 shots on target to Man U's 5 and had 11 off-target shots compared to Man U's 6, throw in 8 corners to 5 and it's obvious Arsenal wasted their chance whereas Man U were far more clinical and mentally a hell of a lot stronger.
#newbridgeornowhere

tyroneman

QuoteQuote
There are plenty of managers who would do as good as Wenger has done over the last 6 years. They probably would not play attractive football, hide behind the endless talk of bringing young players through and show little or no respect for the domestic Cups. But i'd bet they'd still qualify for knockout rounds of the Champions league and finish 3rd or 4th in the league.

Really, who are these magical managers? And at the same time it would be a bit stupid to bring in some who will get the same results but playing less entertaining football in what is after all an enterntainment business.

You didn't answer the question, what manager could bring Arsenal onto a higher level?

rafa - and I'm not a fan of his either - has at least secured a cl title for Liverpool in the past 5 years. What has wenger done in that time? If the ambitions of arsenal fans are limited to finishing 3 or 4 in the epl and playing pretty football then fair enough. The myth of the arsenal youngsters  is also Bullsh1t. Fabregas was stolen from barca for a start and what other youngster has helped arsenal win anything? They preen about in the carling cup, until getting put out in the semis. That's it.

In terms of managers who could take arsenal to the next level I would suggest mourinho and hiddinck for starters.

GalwayBayBoy

I hear Gary Megson is available.