Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

The Great Dane has spoken, selective quotes from Football365 report :-

Quote"Is this a chance to become the number one striker? That is my plan. Is it achievable? Of course.

"Why am I so confident? It is simple. I am a good player. I've always had that belief. People ask me everytime we speak 'why are you like that?' and that's just the way it is.

"If I didn't think I could do it, I wouldn't be standing here telling you I could!"
#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

I don't think United will win on Sunday. They are playing a good team and Rooney will show his true character and do nothing. In fact I predict a gloomy scenario for United...4-0 to the home team. :'(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2010, 06:17:31 PM
I don't think United will win on Sunday. They are playing a good team and Rooney will show his true character and do nothing. In fact I predict a gloomy scenario for United...4-0 to the home team. :'(

you are talking about the same Arsenal Team that were hammered at home by Chelsea a few Weeks ago?

this Game has Score Draw written all over it! but hopefully united can nick it with yet another late Goal 8)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on January 28, 2010, 06:27:45 PM

you are talking about the same Arsenal Team that were hammered at home by Chelsea a few Weeks ago?

2 months ago actually.

Archie Mitchell

Arsenal game to be shown in 3D this weekend in selected pubs across the UK and Ireland, including 1 in Dublin.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_5889013,00.html

Any of use on any of the Arsenal forums to find out where it is being broadcast? I'll be in Manchester at the weekend so would be interested to see it.

Dinny Breen

Don't think they have announced the pubs yet, open to correction.
#newbridgeornowhere

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 28, 2010, 09:35:53 PM
Don't think they have announced the pubs yet, open to correction.

f**kers. If you manage to find out through any other forums can you let me know? Would imagine there would be a big demand for it as it's the first game. Though good chance it could be in the Utd end of Manchester as involving Utd, well in that case it wouldn't be in Manchester at all  :D

The Worker

Hope you stay out of obsessions gentlemen's club archie. the bouncers arent too welcoming after your 'performance' the last time you frequented the premises.

stew

You are dreaming mate.

With Vermaelin out that probably means a start for the Sol Campbell, United will fancy Rooney chances of getting a goal or two, or a penalty or two against Campbell.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Worker

Quote from: stew on January 28, 2010, 09:43:51 PM

You are dreaming mate.

With Vermaelin out that probably means a start for the Sol Campbell, United will fancy Rooney chances of getting a goal or two, or a penalty or two against Campbell.

he has a history of diving for penalties against campbell right enough

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: The Worker on January 28, 2010, 09:43:44 PM
Hope you stay out of obsessions gentlemen's club archie. the bouncers arent too welcoming after your 'performance' the last time you frequented the premises.

Lies. Know plenty of skeletons in your closet though. The Robinsons wouldn't have a look in!  :D

The Worker

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 28, 2010, 09:56:28 PM
Quote from: The Worker on January 28, 2010, 09:43:44 PM

Lies. Know plenty of skeletons in your closet though. The Robinsons wouldn't have a look in!  :D

archie make sure u get ur northern bank notes changed to bank of england notes. dont think them call girls accept them!

ross4life

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 28, 2010, 06:52:55 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 28, 2010, 06:27:45 PM

2 months ago actually.

Wow that long ago! i remember that day well... walking along the beach in Playa del Inglés Gran Canaria, popping over to the local beach Bar to see could Arsenal do united a favour?

i checked the big screen to see Arsenal 0 Chelsea 3 (let's just say the cocktails didn't taste as nice after that)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Bad feeling about this.

Worst case - Utd hammer Arsenal a la CL SF last year. 0-2 or 0-3. League season over.

Arsenal scrape 1-1 or 0-0. Chelsea stride ahead.

I just can't see Arsenal winning. Rooney is the most fanstatic talent and is finally getting the delivery he needs. Fabregas is ploughing a lonely one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.