Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Portsmouth are no pushovers, especially at home. Arsenal's small forward line will get it tough tonight. Still expect them to sneak it tonight though.

Dinny Breen

Hoping the shennanigans going on in Pompey today will demoralise their players, there's only so much playing for the shirt can keep professionally footballers focused....their professionals for one reason, money.....
#newbridgeornowhere

Archie Mitchell

Doesn't look good for Portsmouth indeed especially after 2 buy outs already this season. I think the infrastructure at the club isn't right to make them a good proposition for an investor. Harry jumped the sinking ship.

Speaking of Harry, Arsene is using one of Harry's tricks in saying he would like to buy a player. He has said he would like to buy Bellamy, but said he wouldn't be able to.

Puckoon

Wonder if Bellamy would buy into the arsenal philosophy. Not the type of player you automagically associate with the way they play. Could be brilliant, or a waste.

Dinny Breen

QuoteSpeaking of Harry, Arsene is using one of Harry's tricks in saying he would like to buy a player. He has said he would like to buy Bellamy, but said he wouldn't be able to.

Was a not a case he was responding to a question about rumours that he was interested in Bellamy and he simply stated that he likes him as a player but didn't think City would sell him to a rival.

I like Bellamy's attitude I remember Wenger also professed to liking Bowyer but he never follows through and buys a player with a bit of dog in him, more's the pity...
#newbridgeornowhere

Archie Mitchell

Here's the story here:

Arsene Wenger has admitted that he would love to sign Craig Bellamy but concedes he will never be able to buy the striker, or any other player, from Manchester City.

Arsenal are in the market for a front-man after injuries to attacking spearhead Robin van Persie and back-up forward Nicklas Bendtner have reduced the Gunners' attacking threat.

And Wenger would love to bring the in-form Wales man to the Emirates Stadium to boost Arsenal's title bid, although he has not lodged a formal bid.

Wenger said: 'I like the player but I've not done anything on that one. I don't know if we will do anything because I don't think we can buy players from Manchester City.'

Bellamy has netted six times for City so far this season, including in the Blues' 4-2 win over Wenger's side at Eastlands in September.

No concrete proof, but still showing a liking for a player is a form of tapping up. But i'm almost sure there is some sort of tapping up involved in alot of transfers these days

Bellamy has been fantastic this season. He know's this is probably his last chance at the big time. Maybe not the best player on the team, but the work he does for the team far outweighs this. There was a good few interviews past few days with him in the Mirror.

ONeill

Let's get stuck into these bell ringing hoors.

To be fair to Pompey, Arsenal players always have a good word on their supporters. Henry was a bit of a fan.

Is Song away already?

Nasri-Ramsey-Diaby-Walcott-Eduardo

Arshavin

??
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

QuoteIs Song away already?

Available to the 4th of Jan.
#newbridgeornowhere

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 30, 2009, 05:18:54 PM
Here's the story here:

Arsene Wenger has admitted that he would love to sign Craig Bellamy but concedes he will never be able to buy the striker, or any other player, from Manchester City.

Arsenal are in the market for a front-man after injuries to attacking spearhead Robin van Persie and back-up forward Nicklas Bendtner have reduced the Gunners' attacking threat.

And Wenger would love to bring the in-form Wales man to the Emirates Stadium to boost Arsenal's title bid, although he has not lodged a formal bid.

Wenger said: 'I like the player but I've not done anything on that one. I don't know if we will do anything because I don't think we can buy players from Manchester City.'

Bellamy has netted six times for City so far this season, including in the Blues' 4-2 win over Wenger's side at Eastlands in September.

No concrete proof, but still showing a liking for a player is a form of tapping up. But i'm almost sure there is some sort of tapping up involved in alot of transfers these days

Bellamy has been fantastic this season. He know's this is probably his last chance at the big time. Maybe not the best player on the team, but the work he does for the team far outweighs this. There was a good few interviews past few days with him in the Mirror.

But sure the article suggests he's not joining Arsenal.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Archie Mitchell

Who said he was? He has said himself his time at City could be his last chance at the big time so why would he want to ruin it.  ;)

ONeill

Song in - Walcott not even on bench
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AFS

From the BBC:

1933: Now then, observants among you will have noticed that there are no Englishmen in either starting line-up at Fratton Park tonight. That, apparently, has never happened in the Premier League before. Ever.

Archie Mitchell

Will Eduardo be able to claim that one?

Gaffer

Would love to get hold of that puke with the drum and shove it...........

right up his 'arris
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Dinny Breen

Looks like Pompey's morale is low and they are more worried about whether they are getting paid tomorrow or not, fairly understandable....

Grant's team tallk will be 'show your f*cking professional pride, get the early goal and you can take the Arse, everyone knows their mentally f*cking weak, if want to get out of this club next month you've 45 minutes to impress now get out there and get stuck in'

Calm the storm and the Goons should cruise it...
#newbridgeornowhere