Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 16, 2009, 10:03:11 PM
Considering the performance it was a good point, Burnley played well and created the better chances. Lost a little bit of ground but ffs it's a marathon not a sprint..

It's more the performance Dinny. After Sunday's result, this was a chance to commence a bit of a streak coming up to Christmas. It was spineless and losing Fabregas is another blow.

Maybe this weekend with the Goons home to Hull and Utd at Fulham things might look rosier again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

fer fox ache

The lack of some one to lead the line sticks out like a sore thumb, how many times did we pass the ball across the front of the Burnley area before attempting to slip a five a side ball that was inevitably cut out.
I know it's not comparing like with like but Burnley always had an outlet with the big lad Fletcher up front. We could be doing with a big Alan Smith type to allow the likes of Arshavin to play off. I'm worried about Eduardo as well he seems to be too aware of when the contact is coming not that I'd blame after his horrific injury

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 16, 2009, 10:03:11 PM
Considering the performance it was a good point, Burnley played well and created the better chances. Lost a little bit of ground but ffs it's a marathon not a sprint..

Ye hardly still have hopes on the title. That would be a bit delusional now in fairness.

ONeill

More importantly, surely Wenger realises that he needs to buy at least one ready-made European class player. People talk about a centre forward..I'd be happy with a winger. Walcott's delivery is atrocious, Nasri ain't a winger and Arshavin's best work is in the middle. Get Bender back and Eduardo with a few games under his belt - if quality ball is delivered in then things can happen. At the minute it's 13 touches in the dee.

Like this lad - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28S8kFG7hBM

Dinny Breen

QuoteYe hardly still have hopes on the title. That would be a bit delusional now in fairness.

I asked for that  :D

QuoteIt's more the performance Dinny. After Sunday's result, this was a chance to commence a bit of a streak coming up to Christmas. It was spineless and losing Fabregas is another blow.

I agree to an extent but I wouldn't say spineless, they went out to win the match and continuously attacked but again as ffa alludes to Arsenal only have plan A, when this doesn't work they look clueless not spineless. After the man-shaming that Chelsea gave, they have responded well in attitude if not performance, it takes a while for confidence to build but the next 4 games, 3 at home will give us a a clearer picture f where they stand.

What has happended Walcott, his confidence is shattered  ???
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 17, 2009, 07:27:21 AM

I agree to an extent but I wouldn't say spineless, they went out to win the match and continuously attacked but again as ffa alludes to Arsenal only have plan A, when this doesn't work they look clueless not spineless.

Did you not see the amount of 50/50s Diaby, Walcott, Nasri etc lost or pulled out of? Wenger complained afterwards that the ref let a lot go - he may have done but would probably also have done so if the Arsenal midfield displayed the same bravery Burnley showed. Rooney, Scholes, Fletcher and Carrick  - even one of those players would've been a better option at places like that. That's why Ferguson always plays Fletcher against Arsenal; he knows they calf against tacklers. Song fought a lone battle last night.

Dinny Breen

Yea but Arsenal really haven't had a tough tackling midfield since Petit, PV4 and Parlour so I expect them to actually lose most 50/50s.....in the bigger picture I don't think it's a bad point, more worried about the loss of Fab and the form of Walcott than Arsenal's inability to win a 50/50 against Burnley, it's a hard place to goto on a cold miserable December evening....
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Do you not think it's wrong to expect to lose most 50/50s?

ONeill

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Dinny Breen

QuoteDo you not think it's wrong to expect to lose most 50/50s?

No but you to be realistic about their physical limitations
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

ONeill

Slow and steady wins the race.

under the bar

QuoteSlow and steady wins the race

For Arsenal it won't premiership one tho' unfortunately  ;)