Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Fair enough they should have got a result v Utd, but they didn't deserve anything v City. That was probably the best City have played this season and fully deserved the victory. Adebayor-gate took all the headlines and not Citys great play that day. There was a late flurry from Arsenal in the last 5 minutes but the game was well won before that.

RVP won't be missed that much. Great player but plenty of other good plaers to get the goals. Fabregas or Arshavin would be a bigger miss.

ExiledGael

Confirmed as torn ankle ligaments by the Dutch FA. Could be anything up to 3/4 months out.

Puckoon

Total shame to lose RVP. I think right now he is one of the top, if not the top striker in yourope. He's matured fantastically.

stiffler

Arsharvin admits Emirates is 'Highbury Mark II'

Andrey Arshavin has risked the wrath of Gunners by labelling Liverpool fans the best in the world. 
The Arsenal striker claims Russian fans should learn how to support their team better by taking lessons from Kopites.

He said: "Our fans need to learn from the English football supporters, and in particular from Liverpool fans."

Told that Chelsea star Yuri Zhirkov was awestruck by Manchester United fans after CSKA Moscow's trip to Old Trafford, Arshavin added: "It's only because he hasn't played against Liverpool yet." 
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Watcher Pat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8365400.stm

Looks like Gibbs out now too..Not good new's when Clichy is out as well.

Armand Traore is injured as well i think. 3 Left backs out at one time...Probably be Gallas to left back then and Senderos or Silvestre in.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ildanach

hopefully gallas will go to left back and bring in senderos. i know he is shit but he is still a better option than silvestre.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Archie Mitchell

Wenger is bound to have some other left back. He seems to have a left back factory at the training ground.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

AFS

Quote from: ONeill on November 17, 2009, 11:16:31 PM
Horse placenta.

Nightmare injury though, Chiellini's studs just went straight through him. I thought someone was trying to foal me when I read about this, but turns out its true. Many would say he has neigh chance of a quick recovery after deviating from manestream medicine like this. Suppose as he's been saddled with Arsenal's mane goal threat this season, he'll have to try anything to get back to where he's jockeying for a starting place again. I'm sure Wenger just hopes he's able to keep a level head without blinkers on and get through this with a minimum amount of horsing around.

Done and done.

Norf Tyrone

Your coat has been f**ked out onto the street AFS.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

After Henry's cheating last night, it's nice to see a positive side to the sport

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8365878.stm
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

No Arshavin at the World Cup next year then. I wonder will that have any impact for the better in terms of his application to the Gunners.

TirEoghaingodeo

Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2009, 11:36:45 AM
No Arshavin at the World Cup next year then. I wonder will that have any impact for the better in terms of his application to the Gunners.

Priceless
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

ONeill

0-0 at HT

Very lethargic so far, devoid of ideas. Sunderland in good shape, well organised and more confident that I thought.

12 months ago Arsenal would lose this. Big test now.

Walcott and Arseshaving on the bench though.