Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: slow corner back on September 14, 2009, 09:50:12 PM
Pathetic cop out from Eufa, I fully expect them to fold on the chelsea transfer ban also. Uefa/Fifa are terrified of the G14 breaking away to form a super league

Wrong on three counts.
The G14 I believe no longer exist.
Chelsea were never part of the G14.

And.... UEFA really pander to Chelsea??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

muppet

Quote from: clarshack on September 15, 2009, 09:49:17 AM
there was NO contact. take the blinkers off.

Uefa hadn't a leg to stand on (sorry). Angry Celtic fans can say what they like but Uefa can't invent/circumnavigate their own rules.

If there was a case for a suspension imposed by Uefa it would be for Boruc manhandling the referee.
MWWSI 2017

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ONeill on September 14, 2009, 10:59:22 PM
You don't seem to understand what i've written.

There was contact - of that there's no doubt given the video angles - even UEFA admit there was on review. Whether it was a dive or not (most likely was) is impossible to ascertain in such cases and won't stand up on appeal.

If you think there was no contact, please leave the thread.

No contact... no leave thread  ;)

slow corner back

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 15, 2009, 09:58:26 AM
Pathetic cop out from Eufa, I fully expect them to fold on the chelsea transfer ban also. Uefa/Fifa are terrified of the G14 breaking away to form a super league

Wrong on three counts.

OK Mr Pedantic the G14 is now G18 or G20 big deal still all the big clubs grouping together and Chelsea are part of it now. And yes since Chelsea are part of the G20 ( or whatever number it is ) UEFA do pander to them. Why were Chelsea not hammered ( ie thrown out of the competition ) for the behaviour last year? Chelsea have form with referees, remember Jose seeing Rijkard "talking " to the ref even though it was proved Jose was nowhere near the incident? That is now two officials who have had death threats after refereeing Chelsea in the champions league.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

nutsy--1

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: slow corner back on September 15, 2009, 10:12:10 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 15, 2009, 09:58:26 AM

Wrong on three counts.

OK Mr Pedantic the G14 is now G18 or G20 big deal still all the big clubs grouping together and Chelsea are part of it now. And yes since Chelsea are part of the G20 ( or whatever number it is ) UEFA do pander to them. Why were Chelsea not hammered ( ie thrown out of the competition ) for the behaviour last year? Chelsea have form with referees, remember Jose seeing Rijkard "talking " to the ref even though it was proved Jose was nowhere near the incident? That is now two officials who have had death threats after refereeing Chelsea in the champions league.

Hello Mr Chatting rubbish, Mr pedantic here.
The G14, G18, Gee me te father or whatever you choose to call it doesn't exist in any capacity. I was just trying to highlight the fact that Chelsea are not/ were never part of this group, which watered your point somewhat.

I am not gonig to go over the rest of the points, as they have been argued to death on here already. But remember UEFA did say that Rijkard WAS talking to the ref in an inapproriate area, no matter what Jose did or did not see in the Nou Camp.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

A Quinn Martin Production

Sorry to post this on the Gooners thread as I'm widening the discussion out a bit here.  But one thing that gets me with commentators/pundits/managers is the phrase "there was contact" implying that any contact between defender/goalkeeper and attacker inside the penalty area is an automatic penalty.  Surely if this were the case then any contact outside the penalty area should be a direct free kick?  By extension there could be no such thing as a tackle as 99% of these result in contact??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

AFS

2-0 down after 5 minutes WTF  :o

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,