Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I'd have doubts about Bendtner and agree regarding Eboue, but the rest i'm warming to this year. Diaby was terrific against Utd. Why he then played him out wide v Man City is puzzling. I thought Arsenal are slowly showing signs of a side maturing nicely but there's still that wee bit of cuteness, or tactical fouling, that seems to harm them when others hit them on the break. Bring back Gilberto. No shame losing to Man Utd but City was a wee bit disappointing as it's hard to take them seriously. They'll implode soon.

Onwards and upwards - Champions League this week - always a great distraction.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Is there actually a dumber footballer out there than Adebayor, he makes Eboue look like Einstein, looks like he's going to get a record ban for his 3 acts of stupidity and fully deserved for the clown.

Man City remind me of Villa last season so expect them to implode after Christmas, can't take them serious at all, imagine if Wenger came out with this classic quote as Hughes did regarding the village idiot's celebrations

Quote"He [Adebayor] wanted to share the moment with the fans in the corner with whom he has a special affinity. It is the same area that the Arsenal fans were in so there is the potential for people to see it as the wrong thing to do."

Gobshite!
#newbridgeornowhere

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 14, 2009, 08:41:00 AM
Is there actually a dumber footballer out there than Adebayor, he makes Eboue look like Einstein, looks like he's going to get a record ban for his 3 acts of stupidity and fully deserved for the clown.

Man City remind me of Villa last season so expect them to implode after Christmas, can't take them serious at all, imagine if Wenger came out with this classic quote as Hughes did regarding the village idiot's celebrations

Quote"He [Adebayor] wanted to share the moment with the fans in the corner with whom he has a special affinity. It is the same area that the Arsenal fans were in so there is the potential for people to see it as the wrong thing to do."

Gobshite!

Wenger has been saying stuff like that for years. His number 1 excuse is "I didn't see it". He even said himself he does it to protect his players. What manager is going to condem his own player?

filthydog

Gooners fans really showed their true colours on Saturday. They completely over reacted to EA when he simply wanted to share his moment with them. This could have been a complete disaster on major scale. I think the stewards should be issued with tazers for all Arsenal games in order to control this unruly mob.

RVP tried to end EA's career with a wild lunge and was fortunate that EA had quick feet to avoid his reckless challenge.

muppet

Quote from: filthydog on September 14, 2009, 05:46:27 PM
Gooners fans really showed their true colours on Saturday. They completely over reacted to EA when he simply wanted to share his moment with them. This could have been a complete disaster on major scale. I think the stewards should be issued with tazers for all Arsenal games in order to control this unruly mob.

RVP tried to end EA's career with a wild lunge and was fortunate that EA had quick feet to avoid his reckless challenge.

I knew Alistair Campbell was on this site.
MWWSI 2017

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: AFS on September 14, 2009, 07:05:50 PM
So Eduardo's ban is quashed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8236689.stm

A bit of common sense, even though he's guilty as hell. Can't ban him and not others.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 14, 2009, 07:23:20 PM
Quote from: AFS on September 14, 2009, 07:05:50 PM
So Eduardo's ban is quashed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8236689.stm

A bit of common sense, even though he's guilty as hell. Can't ban him and not others.
Ah yeah but there's always "making an example" of players. Now is the time to start a crackdown on this type of thing. No time like the present!
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

slow corner back

Pathetic cop out from Eufa, I fully expect them to fold on the chelsea transfer ban also. Uefa/Fifa are terrified of the G14 breaking away to form a super league

ONeill

Not a cop out at all. What UEFA realised was that it's impossible to determine intent when there is contact.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ONeill on September 14, 2009, 09:57:22 PM
Not a cop out at all. What UEFA realised was that it's impossible to determine intent when there is contact.

What contact? Only contact there was, was between Eduardo and the ground. Definately a dive, he cheated the ref, but hard for Uefa to ban him as would have to do it for other cases.

slow corner back

A dive is a dive O Neill, Eduardo was nailed on guilty and everyone knew it, ( even Wenger admitted it was not a penalty ) however when Arsenal threatened tying Eufa up with lawyers and precedents and nonsense like that Eufa bottled it afraid to upset a G14 club. There was as much contact with eduardo as there was with Dida when he did his dying swan at Celtic park a few years back only difference being Eufa had the balls to ban Dida ( mainly because Milan did not have the brass neck to appeal )
Eufa are terrified of the G14 and wil fold before Chelseas lawyers too when Chelsea put the appeal in. It does not make what Eduardo or Chelsea ( or lots of other players and clubs ) do right. Until footballs governing bodies deal with cheating in a firm proper manner it will continue to be rife ion the game.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ONeill on September 14, 2009, 09:57:22 PM

Jees! O'Neill I expected better from you. was so clearly a dive

ONeill

You don't seem to understand what i've written.

There was contact - of that there's no doubt given the video angles - even UEFA admit there was on review. Whether it was a dive or not (most likely was) is impossible to ascertain in such cases and won't stand up on appeal.

If you think there was no contact, please leave the thread.

clarshack

there was NO contact. take the blinkers off.