Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Arsenal much the better side, would love to see the foul count, can't believe the Goons are losing this game  >:(
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

I can't believe what Eboue just did.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ONeill on August 29, 2009, 06:52:02 PM
I can't believe what Eboue just did.

He did a Lucas. Worse in fact as he had nobody even near him.

muppet

Quote from: muppet on August 29, 2009, 06:19:45 PM
SSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

iiiiiiiitttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeee.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Gaffer

First Tyrone and now this.

My life is collapsing around me !!! :( :( :(
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ONeill on August 29, 2009, 07:04:43 PM
Odd sort of game.

United were jammy as feck to win it in fairness. Arsenal comfortably the better side until the penalty and OG. That seemed to knock the stuffing out of them really. United look pretty average without Ronaldo in truth although they'll be delighted to have 3 points from that one. Chelsea's league to lose so far.

With the penalty, the OG, the disallowed goal and Wenger getting sent off you'd have to think God is a Celtic fan with a sense of humour though. ;D

ONeill

Wenger turning into the right comedian, although verging on the insanity.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ONeill on August 29, 2009, 07:27:35 PM
Wenger turning into the right comedian, although verging on the insanity.

Dinny Breen

Great picture, Wenger is already mad...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

ONeill

On bad luck during the match...
"I think what is the most difficult to take is that we were the better team and we lost the game. And no matter how long you are in the game, I think if you produce the expected performance, we're in front and have a chance to score the second goal and got punished on two goals. It is beyond belief. So overall I would like to keep the positives of this game because I believe that we can deal well with the disappointment of losing the game today, we have a great future and we can be a real force. But of course, it's difficult to sort out tonight, but we go home without any points."

On being sent off at the end of the match...
"I kicked the bottle of water when the goal was canceled from disappointment and the fourth official called the referee and sent me off. Frankly, I don't know what to say. Thirty seconds to go. It was really spectacular. I didn't even know where to go. He told me to go into the stands, but there was no way to get into the stands. Just because I kicked a bottle of water, I didn't say a word to anybody. It was quite a good kick."

On Robin van Persie's canceled goal...
"I didn't kick the bottle because Gallas was not offside, but because I was disappointed. I thought we had equalized."

On missing out on a penalty in the first half...
"Maybe I'm not the most objective, but for me I believe it was a penalty in the first half.

On the differences between Rooney's and Eduardo's penalties...
"It will be a big difference tomorrow in the newspapers. I don't know...I have not seen it, I do not want especially to see it. He kicked the ball on the corner flat, Rooney, and after was he touched or not, was it a penalty or not, these decisions – leave them to the referee."

On the referee's positioning for the Rooney penalty...
"I don't really know, he was in the middle of their half. I don't know."

On the frustration of not getting any points from the match...
"Football is unpredictable. I believe this team we lack some confidence and maturity and experience when we were in moments where we were not under panic at all. We assess wrongly two situations. The first one was nobody, Rooney, was no danger to score, there was no need to panic. And on the second one as well. On the second own goal, there was not one player of Man United on their place, so it's lack of communication and still little bit I feel in these situations that we might be lacking a little bit of experience."

On the missed opportunities at 1-0...
"We couldn't finish the game off. You play at Old Trafford you get 1-1 of course. And any mistake and then you're down. We had the chances to kill this game and even to come back to 2-2."

On whether the FA will enquire about the bottle-kicking incident...
"I don't know really, I'm always in touch with the FA."

On UEFA's case against Eduardo...
"UEFA you know has made the case with Eduardo. You watched the game last night. They will have to charge Messi for head butting last night or they will lose credibility. They've opened something there. Over the weekend, I'll find you fifty situations where they can intervene, and if they don't Eduardo will be singled out for being the wrong victim because Pedro of Barcelona dived as well last night. I don't think that Eduardo's case has any logic because you look again well at what happened; he was touched. We had clear proof from behind; he was touched on his right leg."

[Saturday, August 29, 2009]

ONeill

gerry

feck the OG looks worst now on MOTD than it did in the pub earlier
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

clarshack

arsenal were much the better team and must be kicking themselves for losing that match. if arsenal had have won that match 4-1 utd couldnt have complained. on another day van persie would have had a hat trick. i couldnt believe eboue diving after what happened with eduardo and if i was wenger i would give him a kick up the h*le. also - i've always respected wenger but when he keeps saying there was contact between eduardo and boruc well you lose a bit of respect.