Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 08, 2009, 05:36:59 PM
But Wiltshire fabregas and Ramsey are all future international captains and Walcott could show his true potential the season

How do you know this?

Are you mystic meg? :D

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: 689908 on August 08, 2009, 05:39:33 PM
But Wiltshire fabregas and Ramsey are all future international captains and Walcott could show his true potential the season

How do you know this?

Mystic Meg ain't got nothin on me......
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 08, 2009, 05:40:43 PM

How do you know this?

I'd say not.  Anyway getting back to the point, even if they were all to be future captains (highly unlikely), their midfield could still be over-run.  All three players are two similar.  I think Ramsey and Wilshire will be groomed for the Fabregas role.  I think it's inevitable he will move on in the next couple of years.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: 689908 on August 08, 2009, 05:44:02 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 08, 2009, 05:40:43 PM

How do you know this?

highly unlikely my arse Wiltshire and Ramsey have been captains of their respective countries since they were 15! Ramsey played a very impressive amount of games for his age and Wiltshire probably the best player in the reserves league
anyway I'm a chelsea fan I don't like arsenal but I knw quality when I see it

I'd say not.  Anyway getting back to the point, even if they were all to be future captains (highly unlikely), their midfield could still be over-run.  All three players are two similar.  I think Ramsey and Wilshire will be groomed for the Fabregas role.  I think it's inevitable he will move on in the next couple of years.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Went down 2-0. Arsenal looked jaded.

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2009, 10:34:01 PM
Went down 2-0. Arsenal looked jaded.

And the season hasn't even started  :D :D

ONeill

ONeill

irunthev

You gotta say that this is a classy guy.... great player and very intelligent.... fits the Wenger mould lovely.

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,12602_5484700,00.html

tyronefella

what line up would you people like to see against everton?
i would go with
                Alumina
Clicy     Gallas        Vermealen     Sagna
                 Song
      Denilson     Fabregas   Ramsey
RVP            Eduardo               Arshavin

Very week looking in midfield though.....

downtown

Quote from: tyronefella on August 12, 2009, 10:57:25 AM
what line up would you people like to see against everton?
i would go with
                Alumina
Clicy     Gallas        Vermealen     Sagna
                 Song
      Denilson     Fabregas   Ramsey
RVP            Eduardo               Arshavin

Very week looking in midfield though.....

Im afraid thats def not gona be the line V everton as you can only play 11 players!!  ;)

ONeill

You'd still have to be worried about the midfield. Maybe the new CB will shore that area up and if all the strikers stay fit, they'll do some damage. However, what if Fabregas gets injured? Some nice ball playing midfielders but no invisible walls or Doohers.

hectorsheroes

We still need to make signings BIG time - we are a tiny team - we'll get pummelled from corners etc. Need a Hangeland but I be really worried when Wenger says we have a good squad - we don't!!

irunthev

Quote from: hectorsheroes on August 12, 2009, 11:54:20 AM
We still need to make signings BIG time - we are a tiny team - we'll get pummelled from corners etc. Need a Hangeland but I be really worried when Wenger says we have a good squad - we don't!!

Be patient... I think there will be two significant signings before the widnow closes..... Wenger often leaves it late.... look at the Arshavin scenario.... even the day after the window was closed they still didn't know if he had signed or not. Agree, need a few muck-savages in there just to give them that edge. They don't have a great squad, they have an attractive squad in terms of ability, but no more than that... it's a long way from great.