Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronefella

looks like toure is going to city as well. this season is going to be a disastor.... :-\

Archie Mitchell

Toure agrees 4 year deal with City, subject to completing a medical.

£15 million not bad for a purchase of £150,000. Read earlier that Arsenal have made £83 million profit from 5 players who wanted away from the club. Not bad work.

Eboue could be next to go.

ONeill

Is the money his though?

The property crash seems to have hit the Highbury development badly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JohnDenver

Wouldn't have minded seeing the dunney monster coming the other way in exhange.  Do you reckon he's part of Sparky's plans Archie?

Arsenal need an old school centre half, talk of Hangeland coming in.  Gallas could throw the dummy out at any stage of the season.

Mark Hughes must think he's playing football manager the way he just keeps buying players.

Archie Mitchell

As far as I know, Dunne is part of Hughes plans and Dunne has no intention of going. This will be his 10th season at City as well so would be good to see him stay on and get a testimonial which he deserves. He also might benefit from not being team captain and can concentrate on football again as he plays well for Ireland as doesn't have burden of being the captain. Only downside for Ireland is that he might not be playing regularly and will need him playing well for World Cup Qualifers.

Hangelaand will cost £15million, don't think Wenger will spend that much saying as he spent £10 million on a defender already.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

irunthev

With the sale of Adebayor and Toure and the possible sale of Eboue, could it be that Wenger has lost faith with his African contingent, given that in a  season as critical as this for the club, they will all probably be away for two months at the African Cup. Great business although its a pity to  see Toure go as he seemed like a class act, but at the same time, the team needs a new look in several positions and as has been stated by other Gallas and Toure were not a convincing partnership.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: irunthev on July 30, 2009, 10:42:00 AM
With the sale of Adebayor and Toure and the possible sale of Eboue, could it be that Wenger has lost faith with his African contingent, given that in a  season as critical as this for the club, they will all probably be away for two months at the African Cup. Great business although its a pity to  see Toure go as he seemed like a class act, but at the same time, the team needs a new look in several positions and as has been stated by other Gallas and Toure were not a convincing partnership.

If he can use the cash to bring into another defender and a wrecking midfielder it'll be money well earned. The defence still needs work, but a forward foursome of Vela, Eduardo, RVP and Bentdner (And is Arshavin a forward?) is good enough..... IMHO.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyronefella

Latest rumor is veiara is on his way back to arsenal!!! wat use think of that good or bad move??

Doogie Browser

I think Arsenal did well the past week or so, they got rid of Adebayor who is a mercenary and they already have one of - if not - the best strike forces in the league (Van Persie, Arshavin, Eduardo, Nasri, Rosicky, Bendt..ok).
Toure always seemed to think he was bigger than the club a bit like Gallas I suppose.  Really think Arsenal will give it a good crack this year.

irunthev

Quote from: tyronefella on July 30, 2009, 10:47:07 AM
Latest rumor is veiara is on his way back to arsenal!!! wat use think of that good or bad move??

Viera on a one year deal would be an excellent signing for Arsenal, if a little unlike Wenger. He would be able to step in to big games and bring a bit of experience and steel to the side. If you got 30 games in the whole season out of Viera it could be the difference between 4th and 5th.

Archie Mitchell

Wenger says he won't be spending any of the £40 million from City as he feels his squad is still strong enough though if need be will have £ there to spend.

Archie Mitchell

Rosicky starts first game at The Emirates for 16 months. Some craic if he gets injured again Hasn't had much luck this past few years.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 01, 2009, 04:28:03 PM
Rosicky starts first game at The Emirates for 16 months. Some craic if he gets injured again Hasn't had much luck this past few years.

hes playing great...some of the players (eboue) arent on the same wavelength!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

corn02

Tje linesman decided not to play offside in the second half.

Wiltshire looks a potential star.