Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Tight Lips

not clinical enough,not lucky enough and nowhere near good enough!im very worried about going to old trafford next week.utd would like nothing more than to win the title whilst embarassing us with a 4 or 5nil hammering after the year the invincibles won the title at old trafford.

ONeill

The Invincibles won it at Spurs.

Even mention of the invincibles makes me weep.

Arsenal actually played well today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tommy Tight Lips

you cant put getting beat 4-1 at home down to bad luck if uve played well.aw rite,i thought the year wiltord scored the winner at old trafford,it was a midweek game was the year of the invincibles.

ONeill

ONeill

Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on May 10, 2009, 07:34:39 PM
you cant put getting beat 4-1 at home down to bad luck if uve played well.aw rite,i thought the year wiltord scored the winner at old trafford,it was a midweek game was the year of the invincibles.

It wasn't bad luck.

Tommy Tight Lips

well how can you claim we played well when we got beat 4-1

ildanach

i see that Alisher Usmanov says we need to spend big to be the top team in the world. no shit sherlock!

As he is the major shareholder you would imagine it is in his remit to provide the funds to do so. He says that man utd had 100m of talent on the bench against us on tuesday. Hopefully that gives him a ball park figue for what he needs to provide to wenger to spend!!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

An own goal, an off-side and a free- kick. Arsenal have serious defensive worries but apart from 2-3 poor performances today, arsenal played some excellent football. Could've scored 4-5. It was actually heartening seeing Arsene have 4-5 attacking players on the field got the last 20

DennistheMenace

Petit didn't play in the 'invincibles' ? Redknapp mentioned him but pretty sure he left before that campaign.

Tommy Tight Lips

the free kick highlighted our inability to defend set pieces,IMO that reflects on a team playing badly.the own goal wouldnt have happened if a)theo had bothered his balls to track back after cole and b)that clown fabianski had of stayed on his line or even had better positioning,he nearly tripped over/fell into toure whereas if he had been on his line he would have cleared toures attempt.we could have scored 4/5,we conceded 4 and easily could have conceded another 2-3 goals,that would made the scoreline 7-5.

Hound

Arsenal werent as bad as the scoreline suggested. Could easily have got it back to 3-2 and that would have made for a helter skelter last 5/10 minutes.

I know its cliched, but they do seem to lack a bit of passion. My bet is they have more players in the first team squad who don't actually give a ballix about the club than any other team. I wouldnt have been the biggest fan of Bendtner, but in recent weeks he's made a difference because he comes on and gives a 100%, a bit of energy and enthusiasm - and he's hardly reknowned for such qualities!

Gunnergael

I think the Gallas injury has been a massive blow.  We haven't defended without him, the long unbeaten league run built on 0-0's and 1-0's when we weren't creating alot of chances was built on a solid foundation with Gallas the rock.  For all his deficiencies as a captain he is a top class defender who sees the danger early and has good positional sense.

I see on the Arsenal website, Wenger wants one or two players but doesn't know what funds will be available.  We need a top class centre back and defensive midfielder.  Chiellini of Juventus and Yaya Toure would do just fine.

ONeill

Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on May 10, 2009, 08:50:15 PM
the free kick highlighted our inability to defend set pieces,IMO that reflects on a team playing badly.the own goal wouldnt have happened if a)theo had bothered his balls to track back after cole and b)that clown fabianski had of stayed on his line or even had better positioning,he nearly tripped over/fell into toure whereas if he had been on his line he would have cleared toures attempt.we could have scored 4/5,we conceded 4 and easily could have conceded another 2-3 goals,that would made the scoreline 7-5.

Really? I don't remember one other Chelsea shot on goal.

screenmachine

I heard them comparing Walcott to Henry at half time yesterday???  You're havin a giraffe commentator, I don't rate Theo at all, charges down the line at 100mph and then can't cross or shoot when the oppurtunity arises.  You'd be as well having Usain Bolt running down the line and just stickin his boot through the ball when he gets there, he'd be quicker than Theo and probably have better feet.
The fact that he is English means that a) Arsenal paid over the odds for him and b) We'll be fed enough shit by pundits, commentators, etc. to begin to believe that he is better than he actually is.
I think the co-commentator yesterday even said that Henry is just a totally different animal and the other man asked then does he have the potential to be as good as Henry and all your man could say was, 'Uh? Yeah if he works hard enough!'  Lets face facts he's a poor man's Aaron Lennon this season.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Dinny Breen

Did you know that when Christano Ronaldo in season 2004 - 2005 only scored 9 goals in 50 appearance and many Man U supporters and neutrals didn't think he would be good enough, he was 20. Theo Walcott turned 20 2 months ago.

Thierry Henry scored one goal in his first 15 games for Arsenal and was considered a flop, patience is a virtue, Wenger might be myopic but he gets the best out of players, he's not a fool and I expect Arsenal to be challenging next seaon. He's hardly going to declare to the market place what or who he's going to buy, is he?
#newbridgeornowhere