Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nutsy--1

Beat in Semi Finals of both Big cups and finishing fourth again. is this season Very dissapointing, dissapointing, average, encouraging??
im saying its dissapointing.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 06, 2009, 09:18:07 AM
I have to echo Souness' sentiments and hope Almunia declares for England!  At fault for both early goals.

i thought thats what he said . i wonder would he make the same comment on Sky i doubt it. Was there a bit of a barney between the lads on Rte after the match i missed it.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

screenmachine

Quote from: Minder on May 06, 2009, 10:37:33 AM

Brilliant!  What a clown!  He's big, he's long, he's a first touch like king kong - bendtner, bendtner...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Minder

I think he plays some games with his eyes covered as per that bottom photo.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyronefella

Quote from: nutsy--1 on May 06, 2009, 10:34:03 AM
Beat in Semi Finals of both Big cups and finishing fourth again. is this season Very dissapointing, dissapointing, average, encouraging??
im saying its dissapointing.

so dissapointed in their two performances in the semi finals. Really just showed the difference in quality between man utd and arsenal. Wenger needs to have a very busy summer bringing in some established players for a change.  :'(

Dinny Breen

Young man loses biggest game of his career, goes out and drowns sorrows, what the f*ck is wrong with that, I'm sure we've all done it. Seriously I wonder about some of you at times.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenmachine

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 06, 2009, 11:17:28 AM
Young man loses biggest game of his career, goes out and drowns sorrows, what the f*ck is wrong with that, I'm sure we've all done it. Seriously I wonder about some of you at times.

Nobody said he done anything wrong Dinny.  If I was being led from a club with a coat over my head and trousers half off, I would feel like a clown too.  Maybe its your kind of nite out?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

118cmal

As a professional footballer, he has some sacrifices to make.  It's an awful example to set younger players.  And what the hell is going on with his jeans???

irunthev

Bendtner is a frustrating player and needs too many chances to get his goals. However, I seem to remember Adebayor being similarly wasteful when he used to deputise for Henry and now we are talking about him being worth in excess of £20m. Don't think Bendtner will ever be in that price bracket, but he would be a useful sale even now to help fund bringing in a few proper players. A lad that has scored 14 goals this season and with his self-professed "potential" has to be worth £8m in anyone's money. He reminds me very much of Neil Mellor who played for Liverpool about four years ago and is now with....... Preston North End I believe.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 06, 2009, 10:41:28 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 06, 2009, 09:18:07 AM
I have to echo Souness' sentiments and hope Almunia declares for England!  At fault for both early goals.

i thought thats what he said . i wonder would he make the same comment on Sky i doubt it. Was there a bit of a barney between the lads on Rte after the match i missed it.

Dunno, I didn't watch the post match analysis
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Dinny Breen

Quote from: screenmachine on May 06, 2009, 11:22:13 AM

Nobody said he done anything wrong Dinny.  If I was being led from a club with a coat over my head and trousers half off, I would feel like a clown too.  Maybe its your kind of nite out?

Eh, you called him a clown!!! He's a young man, when we are young we all do foolish things, the fact that people feel the need to comment on him getting drunk and how he should be a role model is just insane.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenmachine

Of course he's a clown, look at the shape of the lad there.  There's nothing wrong with gettin messed up, but gettin led from a club with your trousers half off certainly makes him look like a clown in my eyes.  I didnt call him a disgrace or a bad role model, just a clown.

ONeill

Last night was probably the wake up call Wenger and the board needed. They may play the best football on the planet on their day but when it comes to the crunch in April/May you need a mix of everything - and Arsenal are seriously lacking in the leadership department. After those opening 7 mins yesterday, Wenger needed someone on the pitch who was aware of the bigger picture - having the composure and focus to keep shape and stick to the task of concentrating on defence first of all. Although Gibbs was unlucky, you don't find mistakes like that at the highest level and on the biggest stage.  Arsenal were like a bunch of greyhounds running rings around a rotweiler but when Utd decided to bite Arsenal went into their shell. The other three semi-finalists have strong characters throughout their lines. Arsenal looked exactly what they are - a bunch of kids with limited experience. Utd didn't actually play all that well. They scored two fortunate goals that killed the game and just let Arsenal have the ball knowing they'd never get through a bank of 8 players the way Arsenal play.

If you look at the team that so nearly won the CL in '06 -

Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Campbell, Cole, Pires, Gilberto, Fabregas , Hleb, Ljungberg, Henry

that has almost the perfect mix.

Last night:

Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Djourou, Gibbs, Walcott, Fabregas, Song Billong, Nasri, Van Persie, Adebayor

and it's hard to believe they actually reached the last 4 in Europe.

Arsenal can't wait forever for these players to hit their peak as the lack of trophies means they'll be easily tempted elsewhere. It all depends what Arsene wants. He may leave the club in profit and with a bank of good young players but having won 2 doubles and three titles with the unbeaten runs he accumulates, it would be a pity way to see out his tenure as 4th best in the country.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tommy Tight Lips

if last nite turns out to be the wake up call that wenger needed then ill gladly take the defeat to utd but in truth why has it went on this long before he has realised we arent anywhere near good enough to challenge utd and chelsea on a regular basis.you cant put the barren spell arsenal have had down to bad luck or injuries,its lack of quality and wenger has to give in to his stubborness and accept this.
i still wouldnt rule out wenger coming out in the press in the next week or 2 with a statement along the lines of "my young players are good enough,bla bla,with a little more luck and time to develop certain qualities,we will challenge for trophies,bla bla" so if this was the case he would only buy one or 2 players in the summer.he needs a clearout.
whilst the likes of song denilson diaby have improved in the last couple of years they still arent up to the standard thats required to win a major trophy.if wenger is happy to keep finishing 4th so be it,the current panel of players may be just about good enough to finish 4th next year,villa and everton are closing the gap all the time.wenger has to hold his hands up,and revamp the squad with quality signings and get rid of some of the deadwood or else its time for him to move on himself.....