Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

ONeill

If Arsenal score I'm gonna brak every window in celebration
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

For Sale, 57000 flags, all as good as new only waved for seven minutes  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 05, 2009, 09:23:19 PM
For Sale, 57000 flags, all as good as new only waved for seven minutes  :-[

:o I got that in a text at half time. They travel quick...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ildanach

i hope this is the final straw now and wenger realises we need to spend some money. We need to go out and spend 40 or 50 million on 2 centre backs, a keeper and a central midfielder.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on May 04, 2009, 03:58:53 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 04, 2009, 03:55:00 PM
Quote from: ildanach on May 04, 2009, 03:32:20 PM
van persie and silvestre both in the squad for tomorrow night.
Think we will go with almunia
                            sanga toure djouru gibbs
                                   song denilson
                                nasri cesc walcott
                                    van p  adebayor

Song or Denilson probably won't start leaving it at 11. I really wish Clichy was there instead of Gibbs.

What should have been the two full backs from the start.. Too much pressure on a player so young. And he was exploited which put us under pressure right from the start. Get the money out a good defender, YaYa Toure and Artur Boruc will do me...

I would even prefer to play Sagna at left back and Eboue at right..Think Gibbs is a weakness and UTD could exploit him.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

highorlow

QuoteFor Sale, 57000 flags, all as good as new only waved for seven minutes 

Sell them to Munster Fans....................em oh ya i forgot
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Minder

Arsenal ladies team would have put up a better show last night.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

irunthev

By selling some of the "not-quite-good-enough" talent that Wenger has nurtured he would probably be able to buy two top class performers. Add to that the £25m or so he could get for Adebayor and all of a sudden he could have a decent transfer fund. Total respect for the guy for what he is trying to do at Arsenal, but the reality is that the best players he develops are inevitably snapped up by bigger clubs who will pay them what they want and give them a huge transfer signing on fee too and the lesser players he has developed just aren't good enough.... eg hammer Wigan in the League Cup and then get embarrassed by Burnley. He does need a top keeper, he does need two centre halves and he does need two midfielders. If he sells Adebayor, which I think he should, he also needs a new striker. With good trading he could probably completely rebuild the team for a net of £10-15m. He needs more experience there and he needs more winners. His initial success was built around a defence he inherited and then around a team of players  bought who had been at big clubs too... although maybe not a success there.
The dream of self sufficiency will only ever get them fourth place.... although in itself it is a remarkable achievement.
Utd will happily pay £20m + for a player they think can make a difference regardless of age etc....... I appreciate Wenger's principles on money, but he is also in danger of seeing what he has built crumble around him with the likes of Van Persie and Fabregas leaving.
Just consider the difference that Arshavin has made since he joined..... that's what real quality players with experience can do for a team.

A Quinn Martin Production

I have to echo Souness' sentiments and hope Almunia declares for England!  At fault for both early goals.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

YogiBear

Looks like Bendtners performance after match was as poor as the rest of the teams during it.  Just seen picture of him on news getting carried out of niteclub clean blocked with his head cut and trousers around his ankles, just sums up arsenal last nite.

gawa316

Quote from: YogiBear on May 06, 2009, 09:57:35 AM
Looks like Bendtners performance after match was as poor as the rest of the teams during it.  Just seen picture of him on news getting carried out of niteclub clean blocked with his head cut and trousers around his ankles, just sums up arsenal last nite.

Where'd you see that?

YogiBear

Daily Mail - he looks like a right tool