Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: ildanach on May 04, 2009, 03:32:20 PM
van persie and silvestre both in the squad for tomorrow night.
Think we will go with almunia
                            sanga toure djouru gibbs
                                   song denilson
                                nasri cesc walcott
                                    van p  adebayor

Song or Denilson probably won't start leaving it at 11. I really wish Clichy was there instead of Gibbs.
MWWSI 2017

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: muppet on May 04, 2009, 03:55:00 PM
                            sanga toure djouru gibbs
                                   song denilson
                                nasri cesc walcott
                                    van p  adebayor

Song or Denilson probably won't start leaving it at 11. I really wish Clichy was there instead of Gibbs.

I would even prefer to play Sagna at left back and Eboue at right..Think Gibbs is a weakness and UTD could exploit him.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on May 04, 2009, 03:58:53 PM
                            sanga toure djouru gibbs
                                   song denilson
                                nasri cesc walcott
                                    van p  adebayor

I would even prefer to play Sagna at left back and Eboue at right..Think Gibbs is a weakness and UTD could exploit him.

Gibbs was actually one of our strongest links in the second half. Started poorly, but I'd blame Diaby's ineptitude for that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on May 04, 2009, 04:24:50 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on May 04, 2009, 03:58:53 PM
                            sanga toure djouru gibbs
                                   song denilson
                                nasri cesc walcott
                                    van p  adebayor

Gibbs was actually one of our strongest links in the second half. Started poorly, but I'd blame Diaby's ineptitude for that.

I think towards the end of the game the supply from the left wing didn't look too bad in comparison to Bendtner trying to give the killer pass from the right.
MWWSI 2017

ildanach

Quote from: gawa316 on May 04, 2009, 03:40:31 PM
                            sanga toure djouru gibbs
                                   song denilson
                                nasri cesc walcott
                                    van p  adebayor

12 players...good luck to that ;)

worth a try!!
song and nasri will probably play the holding role
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

I don't know if he'll start Van Persie.

Not really up for this one yet - feel strangely calm about it. Arsenal need one of those days that everything goes in. Earlier in the year when Arsenal led Utd 2-0 at the Emirates, it was fairly comfortable but they could've scored more, didn't, and almost let Utd back in to it.

Arsenal need to keep Utd on the back foot from the first whistle like they did at Old Trafford. Although Adebayor doesn't deserve it, he'll start. He's due a goal.

Gaffer

Heading over in the morning.
Desperate for the right result.
Too many Man U fans around here that I would have to listen to if the result went the wrong way.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Dinny Breen

All the right noises coming from Wenger, going to be a very tight game despite Fergie's sound bites I can't see Man U pushing for an early goal, they'll look to contain Arsenal and hit on the break...

Bendtner to hit the late winner and put Arsenal through 2-0  :)
#newbridgeornowhere

The GAA

You've had enough of a sporting week dinny. no luck tonight. i can't see how arsenal can get through. at a stretch a 1-0 win and hrough on penalties is probably arsenal's best chance.

The arsenal team that was outplayed and frozen with fear in the first leg cannot beat united at the emerates or anywhere else.

screenmachine

Bendtner couldn't score furniture...easily the worst stiker at any of the big clubs in the EPL and tbh I think he wouldn't even make much of an impact at a championship outfit, absolutely ket!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Dinny Breen

QuoteThe arsenal team that was outplayed and frozen with fear in the first leg cannot beat united at the emerates or anywhere else.

Eh won 2-1 earlier in the season at the Emirates anyway tonight is about hope more than expectation..

Only Anelka, Torres and Rooney are strikers from Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea that have scored more goals than Bendtner, just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken like Tevez or Kyut doesn't actually make him a bad player and considering he's only maybe 4th choice at Arsenal his return is quite good.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

The GAA

YogiBear

Bendtner shouldn't sell himself short he ALREADY is the best striker in the world and he is on a roll after his 2 against Pompey.  Bendtner to get 2 and arsenal to win 4 - 2. Up the Gunners!!!!

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: YogiBear on May 05, 2009, 12:36:32 PM
Bendtner shouldn't sell himself short he ALREADY is the best striker in the world and he is on a roll after his 2 against Pompey.  Bendtner to get 2 and arsenal to win 4 - 2. Up the Gunners!!!!

There would be more chance of John O'Shea scoring a hat trick