Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

ONeill,

He never looked like saving any last night and both goalies were truly terrible during the spot kicks I was really only referring to last nights game although two Carling cup games against lower league team isn't really a vindication, he's just not an imposing goalkeeper and does not inspire me. Actually some of the penalties last night were terrible imho, just look at the only one he saved and he should have saved at least two others.
#newbridgeornowhere

ildanach

eduardo is out for the blackburn game. groin injury. This might explain his brutal peno. Would go with Arshevin and Bentner up front then.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

under the bar

Quoteeduardo is out for the blackburn game. groin injury. This might explain his brutal peno.

errr...no.  it would take another broken leg to explain that effort of a penalty.

Maiden1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 12, 2009, 02:03:44 PM
ONeill,

He never looked like saving any last night and both goalies were truly terrible during the spot kicks I was really only referring to last nights game although two Carling cup games against lower league team isn't really a vindication, he's just not an imposing goalkeeper and does not inspire me. Actually some of the penalties last night were terrible imho, just look at the only one he saved and he should have saved at least two others.
Have to agree with Dinny, Almunia did not look imposing at all in the shootout.  He scrunched himself up really small and looked like a little boy in the middle of the net.  He should take a leaf out of Dudek's book and stand tall and wave his arms or something.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Doogie Browser

Was reading that Walcott said Arsenal celebrated like they had won the world cup after Weds night, I am hoping they were wrecked as it is tough physical game against Blackburn this weekend so hoping they drop some points. 
Also if Arsenal win the CL (no pressure) then Villa finishing fourth would mean eff all anyway as Arsenal would qualify for next seasons CL.

nutsy--1

Hoping for a victory today an early goal would settle the nerves and i bet Arshavin to get it inside the first 20minutes. 3-0 ;) ;) ;)

Puckoon

Arsehavin spares bentners blushes with a cracking finish!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nutsy--1 on March 14, 2009, 11:14:47 AM
Hoping for a victory today an early goal would settle the nerves and i bet Arshavin to get it inside the first 20minutes. 3-0 ;) ;) ;)

You could be on to something here.....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Puckoon

Bentner is having an uber mare :o

Puckoon

3 zip - Eboue with the 3rd.

Puckoon

4 zip - Eboue with wait for it....

A penalty!

ONeill

Sort of a nice day all-round today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doogie Browser

Good week for the gooners, pressure on Villa tomorrow, need to see a reaction from them otherwise goodbye to 4th with Anfield on the horizon next week.

ONeill

Great performance from Arshavin yesterday. He's a tricky customer and his goal was very Messi-like. Bendtner missed 27 chances yesterday. Funny only because Arsenal knocked four in, but had it been another 0-0, the Dane would've been strung up outside Highbury.

A great pity all those draws and injuries. Arsenal haven't lost in the league since November, and have hardly conceded a goal since then too.

Diouf is a complete twat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on March 15, 2009, 08:21:07 AM
Great performance from Arshavin yesterday. He's a tricky customer and his goal was very Messi-like. Bendtner missed 27 chances yesterday. Funny only because Arsenal knocked four in, but had it been another 0-0, the Dane would've been strung up outside Highbury.

A great pity all those draws and injuries. Arsenal haven't lost in the league since November, and have hardly conceded a goal since then too.

Diouf is a complete t**t.

Awful tackle by Diouf, and probably should've had a red card.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone