Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 19, 2009, 04:26:27 PM
Eduardo suffers new injury blow 

Eduardo scored twice on his return against Cardiff in the FA Cup
Arsenal striker Eduardo has been ruled out for two weeks after picking up a hamstring injury in his comeback game against Cardiff on Monday.

The Croatia international made a dream return with two goals in the 4-0 FA Cup fourth-round replay victory.

Boss Arsene Wenger said: "He picked up a hamstring injury two minutes before I took him off. What a nightmare."

Well fcuk that. I am heading over to the Fulham game next Saturday and was really looking forward to seeing him.

Drat , Drat and Double Drat !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Dinny Breen

Looks like it an Irishman is going to sort out Arsenal's medical problems

QuoteIreland rugby team doctor Gary O'Driscoll was presented with a Manchester United jersey before he took up a new role -- with rivals Arsenal.

The tongue-in-cheek gift was handed to Dr O'Driscoll before Ireland's Six Nations win against Italy at the weekend.

The match was his last game as doctor to the Irish team before joining Premier League giants Arsenal.

An expert in sports injuries, he has taken on the challenging role of ensuring top athletes such as Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Adebayor receive the best treatment.

He will be under the watchful eye of Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

Dr O'Driscoll, who is thought to be a Red Devils fan, took up his new post with immediate effect following Sunday's game in which Ireland ran out 38-9 winners against Italy.

The performance of his cousin, Ireland team captain Brian O'Driscoll, shows just how good he is at his job.

O'Driscoll revealed his troublesome hamstring injuries are a thing of the past.

He scored a wonderful intercept try with four minutes to go in the game, helping Ireland to stay on track for a Grand Slam title.

"In the past, if I was faced with a 70-metre sprint for a try at the close of a very physical game, there could be trouble," O'Driscoll said to reporters.

"But I was able to go flat-out and didn't feel a thing. I'm thrilled," he said.

Dr O'Driscoll's first fixture as Arsenal team doctor was last night's FA Cup tie with Cardiff, while his first Premier League game will be a home match against Sunderland on Saturday.

While the Premier League is known for its physicality, Dr O'Driscoll is prepared.

One of his last jobs for Ireland was to stem the blood gushing from the face of Paddy Wallace. There were a number of other blood injuries which he had to contend with as the tough tackling Italians made their presence felt.
#newbridgeornowhere

nutsy--1

team for weekend??

almunia
sagna gallas toure clichy
eboue song denilson nasri
Van persie arshavin

ONeill

Tomas Rosicky could be back in Reserve team action within three weeks.

It is now over a year since the Czech midfielder last appeared for Arsenal in an FA Cup tie against Newcastle United at Emirates Stadium. However, his long-awaited return to the fold is closer than ever.

Speaking ahead of Saturday's clash with Sunderland, Arsène Wenger delivered some positive news on Rosicky before revealing the latest on his other injured personnel.

"Tomas needs three weeks to play in training fully fit," Wenger said. "He is still doing special training but in three weeks he will join in with the first team. It will be three weeks to play in the Reserves, touch wood.

"Rosicky looks very good in training, he looks unbelievably strong. Fabregas looks good, Diaby will come back. Rosicky is three weeks, Cesc four weeks, Theo two weeks."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Watcher Pat

Great boost getting all back around the same time....Eduardo should be 2-3 weeks as well..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Puckoon

Good to see Eboue having a decent game.

nutsy--1

i don't think eboue is a bad player he just needs more experience. but he's definitly better and his defensive duties.

anportmorforjfc

Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou has revealed he would welcome the opportunity to play for Arsenal.

The 23-year-old has failed to nail down a regular starting berth this season but has benefited from Joe Cole's absence through injury by starting Guus Hiddink's first two games in charge.

The Ivory Coast international has scored nine times in all competitions this term and set up striker Didier Drogba for the only goal of the game in the firsrt leg of their UEFA Champions League last 16 tie against Juventus at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

But after his recent comments the former Feyenoord ace could find his place in jeopardy, especially after he responded favourably to reported interest from London rivals Arsenal.

"Wenger said he thought of signing me? That's an honour for me, an honour," he told.

"Because he is a very great coach and I know that every single player in the world dreams of playing for him.

"I have a lot of respect for him, he is one of the best coaches in the world so why not?

Friends
"I am still under contract with Chelsea but of course I have plenty of friends who play for Arsenal in Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue and Emmanuel Adebayor.

"They are achieving huge things at Arsenal and watching them play is just beautiful."

With just 12 starts to his name in the Premier League this campaign Kalou is aware of the challenge that he faces if he is to hold on to his first team place until the end of the season.

"You are never guaranteed to be in the Chelsea starting XI," he added.

"Every single player fights to earn his place, including me, and the coach is the one that has the final word.

"At the present I'm happy at Chelsea and I hope that the things that I want to happen will happen.

"I will think of my future once the season is over."

Gaffer

Quote from: nutsy--1 on February 26, 2009, 11:25:59 AM
i don't think eboue is a bad player he just needs more experience. but he's definitly better and his defensive duties.

Hes had a fair bit of experience.

ONeill

Dinny Breen

No Champions League next season  ???
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 28, 2009, 05:08:03 PM
No Champions League next season  ???

Brutal today - Fulham deserved to win.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Gaffer

Just back from the Fulham game .

Met the Gooch and Eoin Brosnan at it. Quiet lads but pleasant.

On the flight home to Belfast this afternoon was Tom Watts ( Lofty from Eastenders  and now presenter of Arsenal Forum Live every Friday nifght on Arsenal TV.)