Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2017, 06:16:29 PM
Can't believe Chelsea want an average player like Oxlade-Chamberlain. I suppose £35 million is inflated by him being English but it's a good sum for someone who isn't going to be much of a loss.
seems crazy when he is available for free next year
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 29, 2017, 10:58:28 AM
Talk of City now offering Sterling & cash for Sanchez.

With the age of Sterling, his form and fact he's an English player this has to be a very tempting deal for Wenger. I'm a bit blind-sighted that Pep would be willing to shift him, and it sounds like the player is as well.

mrdeeds

Man City now demanding cash and Sanchez for Sterling.

Syferus

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 29, 2017, 06:05:13 PM
Man City now demanding cash and Sanchez for Sterling.

If true, City are pushing their luck. Sterling is a downgrade from Sanchez. Doesn't benefit them playing hardball because teams that weren't willing to pay a big fee and big money wages to Sanchez will be more than willing to stump up the wages next summer if he's available on a free.

Dinny Breen

Is it May yet and the start of summer transfer season?
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

Dressing room gone. Could be lucky to make top 8.

Bruce Rioch available?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 01, 2017, 10:00:27 AM

Bruce Rioch available?

They sold the dressing room?

In all seriousness, there does appear to be something rotten at the Emirates. I thought they were one of the cash rich clubs because of the way they've been run, but then they say they have no money. Is Kroenke using them as a cash cow for the Rams?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2017, 10:23:06 AM

Bruce Rioch available?

They sold the dressing room?

In all seriousness, there does appear to be something rotten at the Emirates. I thought they were one of the cash rich clubs because of the way they've been run, but then they say they have no money. Is Kroenke using them as a cash cow for the Rams?

He is indeed. The new franchise stadium in LA. A cool $2 billion!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-rams-show-off-splashy-model-of-new-2-6-billion-stadium-in-los-angeles/

I blame the old aristocracy who sat on the board. They thought they were above Chelsea by refusing to sell to Usmanov, whilst Kroenke bleeds the club. Gazidis and co are puppets. Wenger runs the club. Nothing worse than an old fool.

Captain Obvious

Bruce Rioch available?
Maybe Arsenal are aiming to reach the Champions league this season by winning the Europa League. More interesting doing it that way than a boring 4th place finish?

Puckoon

It's a complete head scratching shambles at the club right now.

ONeill

Has been for a long time Puckybaby.

Immune to it. It all started in 2006 and Theo. Where is that balax anyway?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Yeah but you always believed there had to be some kind of plan or method behind it all - even if you couldn't understand it.

Last couple weeks are just totally baffling.

laoislad

Oxlade-Chamberlain: "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week."
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mrdeeds

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2017, 08:57:18 PM
Oxlade-Chamberlain: "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week."

That was a fake quote.