Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Have you recovered from the Feast of Arseover yet?

mrdeeds

Quote from: T Fearon on May 05, 2017, 07:33:45 PM
Have you recovered from the Feast of Arseover yet?

Spurs greatest ever season is finishing 2nd, no cup finals and going out in the group stages of league. Arsenals worst in a long time is being in a Cup Final and getting to last 16 in Europe. Arsenal at their poorest such as 93 94 etc at least won cups. Spurs last won the league in black and white and have a barely there trophy cabinet but the spurs way and all that.

Main Street

Roberts passes up U20 World Cup spot to stay at Celtic.
"In such a special year for the club I want to be part of everything here."
Nice one kid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39825899

ONeill

Nice to beat Utd but worryingly gives the club a chink of light of a CL place and another contract. Quite disturbing really.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Thanks to Arsenal for securing Spurs Champions League place today! Maybe someday we will return the compliment! 😂👍😂👍😂👍😂

mrdeeds

Quote from: T Fearon on May 07, 2017, 11:09:47 PM
Thanks to Arsenal for securing Spurs Champions League place today! Maybe someday we will return the compliment! 😂👍😂👍😂👍😂

It's ok. Arsenal have won two league titles at White Harte Lane.

ONeill

No bother Anthony. Spurs' CL performances are class and a delight to watch.

ONeill

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 07, 2017, 11:11:55 PM

Which one was your favourite? I'm not old enough to remember '71 but '04 was class.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on May 07, 2017, 11:16:07 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on May 07, 2017, 11:11:55 PM

Which one was your favourite? I'm not old enough to remember '71 but '04 was class.

It's funny the 94 Cup Winners Cup my happiest memory as fan.

ONeill

For me, the 87 Littlewoods Cup. Perry Groves. Charlie Nicholas.

Syferus

All that's needed is Liverpool dropping any points and Arsenal winning out to get the promised land after all that drama..

mrdeeds

Quote from: Syferus on May 07, 2017, 11:44:59 PM
All that's needed is zliverpool dropping any points and Arsenal winning out to get the promised land after all that drama..

It's not a promised land. Finish 4th to qualify for a tournament you won't win. Like time Liverpool played reserves against Madrid to improve chance of qualifying for tournament they played reserves in.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on May 07, 2017, 11:41:57 PM
For me, the 87 Littlewoods Cup. Perry Groves. Charlie Nicholas.
I think I still have my commerative mug at my Granny's house. Must be worth a fortune now.

seafoid

Between 2000 and 2016 Arsenal made £123 million selling players to Barcelona. It's a feeder club, innit.

naka

Quote from: Syferus on May 07, 2017, 11:44:59 PM
All that's needed is Liverpool dropping any points and Arsenal winning out to get the promised land after all that drama..
actually fancy arsenal to get fourth