Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Unlikeable? Yes boring at times perhaps but still arguably had the the 3rd biggest fan base behind United and Liverpool pre Wenger so there goes your unlikeable argument!

Also the stadium visionary was actually Danny Fiszman and not solely Wenger which elements in the media would like to portray. It's like Wenger built the Emirates himself.

If you charge the highest season tickets in Europe and cant even make the last 16 year on year (with no green shoots) then your fan base has every right to complain!!

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 20, 2017, 03:06:58 PM
Unlikeable? Yes boring at times perhaps but still arguably had the the 3rd biggest fan base behind United and Liverpool pre Wenger so there goes your unlikeable argument!

Also the stadium visionary was actually Danny Fiszman and not solely Wenger which elements in the media would like to portray. It's like Wenger built the Emirates himself.

If you charge the highest season tickets in Europe and cant even make the last 16 year on year (with no green shoots) then your fan base has every right to complain!!

Without the success and continued European money Wenger brought the new stadium was always going to be nothing more than a pipe dream. He then kept Arsenal competitive while the stadium debt was whittled down, leaving the club in quite a strong position for the future and all without any Middle-Eastern oil money. Ever other top team in England have lost their shirt multiple times trying to chase shadows in Barcelona and Madrid.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Syferus on March 20, 2017, 04:08:07 PM

Without the success and continued European money Wenger brought the new stadium was always going to be nothing more than a pipe dream. He then kept Arsenal competitive while the stadium debt was whittled down, leaving the club in quite a strong position for the future and all without any Middle-Eastern oil money. Ever other top team in England have lost their shirt multiple times trying to chase shadows in Barcelona and Madrid.

Lol pipe dream!! Arsenal have always had money. They were owned by English aristocracy as long as I can remember.

Poor Arsene has been paid a handsome 8.5 million a year for a number of years now.

When this 2 year deal is announced there will be a serious backlash. The players obviously know its in the offing, hence them downing tools at present.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 20, 2017, 04:22:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 20, 2017, 04:08:07 PM

Lol pipe dream!! Arsenal have always had money. They were owned by English aristocracy as long as I can remember.

Poor Arsene has been paid a handsome 8.5 million a year for a number of years now.

When this 2 year deal is announced there will be a serious backlash. The players obviously know its in the offing, hence them downing tools at present.

The players have let their manager down many times in the past too. I'd be blaming them before I'd be blaming the lad who's already built his legacy. His only mistake was having too much faith in some of them. Them playing themselves out the door might be best for both manager and team.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armamike

Would hate to have to support them.  Bunch of fancy dans.
That's just, like your opinion man.

ONeill

Not even fancy dans. Wilshere was fancy dannish. Just shite now.

Cunny Funt

A season away from european football could work in the Gooners favour just look at Chelsea and Liverpool this season..

The Stallion

The problem is there aren't enough fancy dans.

Playing Elneny and Xhaka is just asking for trouble, there is no need for both and it weakens Arsenal considerably. Add in the fact some players just aren't very good like Walcott, Gabriel etc and it's no wonder they're struggling.

ONeill

Fcuk up about Walcott. He's our captain.

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
                         But O heart! heart! heart!
                            O the bleeding drops of red,
                               Where on the deck my Captain lies,
                                  Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,
For you bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
                         Here Captain! dear father!
                            This arm beneath your head!
                               It is some dream that on the deck,
                                 You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
The ship is anchor'd safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
                         Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
                            But I with mournful tread,
                               Walk the deck my Captain lies,
                                  Fallen cold and dead.

The Stallion

Puckoon

When Konscielny went off against city they played the second half with no captain. Clearly just a mistake but it speaks volumes. Today was an incredible low. Pounded off the park by Palace

Syferus

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2017, 01:05:27 AM
Time to get the bi-plane out again.

Not at all. Arsenal fans have got what they wanted. All the reasons they wanted Wenger out, and they don't even need to get rid of him.

Sick of finishing fourth
Don't even care if we are mid-table for a couple of years
Don't want to qualify for Champions league just to get knocked out in the last 16

Done. Fam
Hasta la victoria siempre