Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2017, 07:40:36 AM
Highbury didn't die for this.

When I was 8 or so we were playing a school football match in Galway. And Frank, who was one of the lads, got hit by a car while crossing the road. He had to go to hospital. We were doped on Roy of the Rovers and Gaelsport at the time and we told the teacher, who was a man with not much imagination, that we had decided to win the match for Frank. And he told us to cop on.

Highbury was sold for money. Silent Stan Kroenke has made a lot of money out of the Arse.

Puckoon

Somedays, you're definitely monkey #5.

Fuzzman

I always wonder why do managers stay on to the end of the season when they know the game is over anyway.
I presume Arsenal board would be happy enough if he left now and they pay him whatever they have to
It will just be painful for the fans and for him to stay on and see more and more protests even should they win the FA cup again.

Are people expecting Sanchez and Ozil to leave?

AZOffaly

I think a lot of Arsenal fans would like an announcement that Wenger is leaving, then they'd row in behind the team and win the FA Cup and let him ride off into the sunset.

straightred

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 07, 2017, 09:31:05 PM
Ten goals conceded over two legs with some of the most shocking poor defending you will ever see in Champions league football  :o

I was coaching  a u11 team last night. They have a retreat zone at that age which basically means that in 7 a side the keeper can roll the ball out to a defender. The opposition can only press with 1 player until the defender touches the ball. Then the game is on. We have been struggling with it and giving away stupid goals.

anyway, got home last night and turned on the arsenal game. Lo and behold Bayern's 4th goal came which was exactly the point I was trying to explain to the boys earlier. Straight to the whatsapp group telling the parents to show that goal to their kids and to then ask them to stop moaning about my boring drills  :). Its was unbelievable to watch the schoolboy defending that was going on. They just gave up and that's not good.

seafoid

1.   Eamon Mc Gee‏@EamonMcGee 15 feb

Myself and @Ginger079 have more character than that whole Arsenal team. @seamusmicheal @tomasdiver

stew

Quote from: straightred on March 08, 2017, 04:24:00 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 07, 2017, 09:31:05 PM
Ten goals conceded over two legs with some of the most shocking poor defending you will ever see in Champions league football  :o

I was coaching  a u11 team last night. They have a retreat zone at that age which basically means that in 7 a side the keeper can roll the ball out to a defender. The opposition can only press with 1 player until the defender touches the ball. Then the game is on. We have been struggling with it and giving away stupid goals.

anyway, got home last night and turned on the arsenal game. Lo and behold Bayern's 4th goal came which was exactly the point I was trying to explain to the boys earlier. Straight to the whatsapp group telling the parents to show that goal to their kids and to then ask them to stop moaning about my boring drills  :). Its was unbelievable to watch the schoolboy defending that was going on. They just gave up and that's not good.

I have been up at Armagh coaching the u-8s-U10s, I am amazed at how indifferent the parents are, some of them drop their kids off for an hour and it only costs them 2 quid, 2 quid to get an hour to yourself whilse wee Johnny might be one to cry because he is missing his xbox or he might be tired and decide to lie down on the playing surface.

Why would anyone have a kid do a sport they have no interest in?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Brilliant win against Lincoln. Fairly put them back in their box. Theo was mermerising.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Boycey

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2017, 10:55:49 PM
Brilliant win against Lincoln. Fairly put them back in their box. Theo was mermerising.

;D

Cannon fodder for the Gunners will be lighter on the ground in the semis though..

Syferus

I figure I'm more of a Wenger fan than an Arsenal fan. May be the most toxic group of supporters in England, and that's saying something.

Wenger's biggest mistake has been enabling too many average players. Oxlade-Chamberlain wants to leave now? Lad is very lucky to be getting starts for a top four side at all.. it should be AW that's showing lads like that the door, not the other way round.

Main Street

Forfar Athletic would have scored 6 against Lincoln ::)  (not a quote from Chris Sutton, but it could have been).

In the past, Arsenal fans never had enough good times to allow a concept of entitlement to fester, that is until Wenger came.

ONeill

Quote from: Syferus on March 11, 2017, 11:33:19 PM

Wenger's biggest mistake has been enabling too many average players. Oxlade-Chamberlain wants to leave now? Lad is very lucky to be getting starts for a top four side at all.. it should be AW that's showing lads like that the door, not the other way round.

Agree with this.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Main Street on March 11, 2017, 11:35:44 PM
Forfar Athletic would have scored 6 against Lincoln ::)  (not a quote from Chris Sutton, but it could have been).

In the past, Arsenal fans never had enough good times to allow a concept of entitlement to fester, that is until Wenger came.

Chris Sutton though. Angry man.

ONeill

ONeill