Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Hope Arsenal bate those bastids Sutton.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 16, 2017, 02:40:44 AM
What's the story with Arsenal fans?  Last two FA cups; finished in 2nd last year; group stages in CL for the last 800 years or so.... and you need to sack the manager? 

Seriously wtf?

Do you understand what we mean? People keep saying they'd give an arm for top 4 and the odd FA Cup but it's missing the point. That's all it is. It's so monotonous and boring now that I don't even care if I see games. I don't get nervous or angry really. It has turned us into mush. Nothing changes. Qualify for CL to get humiliated again. And again. And again. And again. Last year was the year but they couldn't even do that whilst all the top clubs were in turmoil. I can't even watch half the players now especially after scoring a goal, knowing they're going to crap themselves when the big games come. New manager. Don't care if Arsenal are 10th. Something different. Something exciting. Not another few years of knowing how the season will pan out.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Denn Forever

Who'd want to be the next manager? 

I feel sorry for Sancez who I was surprised to hear wasn't the best paid on the team.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

blewuporstuffed

I would say there is every chance Wenger, Sanchez and Ozil will all go in the summer
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/16/arsene-wenger-arsenal-munich-alexis-sanchez

Mesut Özil, who now has no goals and no assists in 11 last 16 knockout ties going back to 2011, played 90 minutes but barely registered as a sentient presence, completing 20 passes.
Arsenal spent £96m in the summer and £101m two years before. Their wage bill is a smidgen lower than Bayern's, their net value a touch behind, fifth in the world plays fourth in the world. And yet at times inside this wondrous illuminated giant doughnut of a stadium they looked like novices up against the all-galaxy champions, or at best an elite team that has simply sat for too long in the same place.
It is almost impossible at moments such as these to see how Wenger can take this team to a higher level, just as it is impossible to argue there is not another manager out there who could build more successfully on the stable foundations he will leave.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 16, 2017, 10:57:16 AM
Who'd want to be the next manager? 

I feel sorry for Sancez who I was surprised to hear wasn't the best paid on the team.

Sanchez attitude last night was terrible. Waving his arms around and sulking like a child. The Arsenal defence folded like a pack of cards once Koscielny went off injured.

Arsenal only hanging on to fourth by their fingers nails, Liverpools poor January form and Manchester Uniteds draws is what has Arsenal in that league position. Europa league will suit Arsenals true level next season.

Fuzzman

As an Everton fan, who were knocked out very early of both domestic cups it's interesting to see the mood of Arsenal fans. With Koeman coming in and buying a lot of new players and getting rid of a lot of the deadwood as well as the talk of a new stadium with our new owner, most Everton fans are optimistic that things are moving in the right direction. In 5-10 years time most Everton fans would be happy to be qualifying for the CL as it attracts better players but realistically it is very tough to win the premier league or champions league.

When I look at Arsenal and probably Liverpool they both seem to lack that defensive meanness that you need to win titles. You need a team mixed with a good defensive system and I think Kante has really added that to Chelsea this year and it's pretty obvious Arsenal don't have a player like that. Gana does this job well for Everton even though he's quite small. For me Arsenal tend to buy too many nice skillful footballers and not enough hard men.
Fans might want to see attractive entertaining football but if you look at most league winning teams they tend to be hard to score against first.

I'm surprised the Arsenal fans don't make more of a protest at their games to get him out but maybe that will happen now that the CL is more or less out of the equation.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2017, 09:48:16 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 16, 2017, 02:40:44 AM
What's the story with Arsenal fans?  Last two FA cups; finished in 2nd last year; group stages in CL for the last 800 years or so.... and you need to sack the manager? 

Seriously wtf?

Do you understand what we mean? People keep saying they'd give an arm for top 4 and the odd FA Cup but it's missing the point. That's all it is. It's so monotonous and boring now that I don't even care if I see games. I don't get nervous or angry really. It has turned us into mush. Nothing changes. Qualify for CL to get humiliated again. And again. And again. And again. Last year was the year but they couldn't even do that whilst all the top clubs were in turmoil. I can't even watch half the players now especially after scoring a goal, knowing they're going to crap themselves when the big games come. New manager. Don't care if Arsenal are 10th. Something different. Something exciting. Not another few years of knowing how the season will pan out.

+1
#newbridgeornowhere

The Stallion

" For me Arsenal tend to buy too many nice skillful footballers and not enough hard men."

They bought Xhaka, who puts himself about with the best of them. Unfortunately he's shite at football and just fouls people. The problem is that Arsenal actually are pandering to this notion of being soft by buying physical players with no football in them like Xhaka, Gabriel etc.

If they bought more skilful players instead of just more physical players they'd be a lot better off.

Also, how Walcott continues to get a game is beyond me, he's rubbish.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Was gonna post that up earlier, some decent Arsenal fan should give that eejit a dig..

Cunny Funt

J70

Quote from: laoislad on February 16, 2017, 07:07:58 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 15, 2017, 09:03:16 PM
Arsenal Fan TV will be some craic tonight  ;D
https://youtu.be/NeM4c7lTeMY

A couple of Bayern fans smirking in the background! ;D

Perhaps Arsenal need a change to move back up to the very top level, but the level of ingratitude towards Wenger and what he has built that club into is staggering!

Puckoon

Ozil's agent claiming he feels like he's being made a scapegoat. Poor Mesut.