Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 18, 2016, 08:26:07 PM
He brought on Elneny instead of Perez when losing. The man in a dinosaur.

Indeed, the 'not quite a striker', who had 1 relatively productive season for scoring goals, that he paid 17mill or so for in the last minute shopping mall.

Another player Arsenal didn't need.
Another player Arsenal don't use.
Another piece of transfer genius.

mrdeeds

Quote from: tyroneman on December 18, 2016, 08:36:28 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on December 18, 2016, 08:26:07 PM
He brought on Elneny instead of Perez when losing. The man in a dinosaur.

Indeed, the 'not quite a striker' he paid 17mill or so for in at the last minute shopping mall. Another piece of transfer genius.

He scored a hatrick couple games ago and still doesn't get on.

Dinny Breen

And repeat. Be careful what you wish for they say well I say nobody can enjoy watching the same show year after year. We all know the ending...
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

Time for the arrogant AW to go. The cushy shit show that is Arsenal FC are a joke!

trileacman

Dont fool yourself into thinking that you'll be any more successful under a new regime. More likely than not you'll still be shite. Liverpool have went from defensive shite to pure shite to inconsistent shite to attacking shite.

The change will be nice for you though.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

Dinny Breen

Quote from: seafoid on December 19, 2016, 11:25:14 AM
Worse than Mayo

Na more Galway - pretty good around the turn of the millennium and pretty shit since.
#newbridgeornowhere

gawa316

Who's the alternative?

Simone? Not sure he would leave Atletico

ONeill

Only speaking for myself but a lot of people don't understand what it's like being an Arsenal supporter when they say 'be careful what you wish for'.

Anything is better. The numbing monotony of the last 12 years is soul destroying. It's Groundhog. The lily-livered, pathetic and predictable capitulation every year around the same time, give or take a month, just tears the arse out of every season. You know it's coming, the players know it's coming and surely Arsene does too.

I honestly would take a mid table scrap for a bit of excitement, with average players bursting a gut to win a ball. Don't care who the manager is.

I'd had enough of Theo and Oxlade and their ilk. If that bollocks Walcott goes on again about how the team got together to tell some home truths to each other I'll start following spurs. 

The saddest thing is Arsene is the greatest manager in the club's history. But there is zero reward for finishing in the top 4 under him any more. The best players want to leave. The rest are pretenders.  In fact, they're further from the side of 98-04 with every passing year. The football used to be the saving grace but even now that's dodgy. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on December 19, 2016, 09:14:22 PM
Only speaking for myself but a lot of people don't understand what it's like being an Arsenal supporter when they say 'be careful what you wish for'.

Anything is better. The numbing monotony of the last 12 years is soul destroying. It's Groundhog. The lily-livered, pathetic and predictable capitulation every year around the same time, give or take a month, just tears the arse out of every season. You know it's coming, the players know it's coming and surely Arsene does too.

I honestly would take a mid table scrap for a bit of excitement, with average players bursting a gut to win a ball. Don't care who the manager is.

I'd had enough of Theo and Oxlade and their ilk. If that bollocks Walcott goes on again about how the team got together to tell some home truths to each other I'll start following spurs. 

The saddest thing is Arsene is the greatest manager in the club's history. But there is zero reward for finishing in the top 4 under him any more. The best players want to leave. The rest are pretenders.  In fact, they're further from the side of 98-04 with every passing year. The football used to be the saving grave but even now that's dodgy. 

As long as your prepared for that it's okay. I just have to laugh at the attitude that says a change of manager would make arsenal title winners
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

mrdeeds

Change of manager worked for Chelsea. For every Moyes there's a Conte.

tyroneman

Peak Arsenal tonight

Wenger shelled out over £50mill for Perez and Xhaka.....one can barely get a game, the other looks dreadful half the time and anonymous the rest. ....

Wonder does he regret letting Wishire out on loan yet.

Captain Obvious

tyroneman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 03, 2017, 09:02:54 PM
Arsenal a bit of a shambles tonight.

Arsenal a total f**king disgrace tonight. No heart, no passion, nothing

T Fearon

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 #COYS!#NorthLondonisours!#PissoffbacktoWoolwich