Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 31, 2016, 05:25:25 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 31, 2016, 01:25:39 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 31, 2016, 01:24:17 PM
I'm not convinced Wenger has bought wisely, with the amount he's spent Arsenal should be going very close on winning the title. Only time will tell.

And Mourinho has? Only time will tell.

We bought players who were the Bundesliga, Serie A & Ligue 1 players of the year from last season.

Wengers 2 recent signings may well turn out to be great signings but I'll need a lot of convincing that they are his priority signings when he's left it until the final few days of the transfer window.

Jesus wept sir.

mrdeeds

I'm not convinced Wenger has bought wisely, with the amount he's spent Arsenal should be going very close on winning the title. Only time will tell.

We bought players who were the Bundesliga, Serie A & Ligue 1 players of the year from last season.

Wengers 2 recent signings may well turn out to be great signings but I'll need a lot of convincing that they are his priority signings when he's left it until the final few days of the transfer window.

I'd say Mustafi was. Wenger likes to leave it late to pay the least amount possible. Valencia had to see for financial fair play and Wenger played poker. He also identified Xhaka and Holding early. Vardy was number one choice but couldn't be guaranteed games down middle so ended up buying option C. People used to complain when he had no plan B or C yransfer wise so maybe lessons have being learned.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 01, 2016, 12:19:20 PM

I'd say Mustafi was. Wenger likes to leave it late to pay the least amount possible. Valencia had to see for financial fair play and Wenger played poker. He also identified Xhaka and Holding early. Vardy was number one choice but couldn't be guaranteed games down middle so ended up buying option C. People used to complain when he had no plan B or C yransfer wise so maybe lessons have being learned.

We'll agree to differ on Mustafi, think Arsenal have ended up paying at what his clause was at and bringing in players this late on is not ideal especially considering that Arsenal are 5 points behind United, City & Chelsea already.  Given the squad you've got, the money Wenger has spent and that the 3 other main contenders for the league have new managers Arsenal should really be strong challengers for the league. Thats a very good Arsenal first 11 if they can get everyone fit.

ONeill

Dodgy enough penalty there for the Arse.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

How many times have Arsenal dominated a match without killing it off, only to concede a late equalizer. It makes a change to be the other team.

A good result against PSG which will probably mean qualification for the last 16.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

Good result. Lucky as fook. Mickey out. Sorry, mixed up.

mrdeeds

Got that result in spite of manager. Imagine if had someone who picked best playera in correct positions.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on September 13, 2016, 10:21:23 PM
Good result. Lucky as fook. Mickey out. Sorry, mixed up.
Can be thankful Cavani had one of those very wasteful nights in front of goal.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

I stopped watching the game after the first half, it couldn't be repeated or bettered, once in a blue moon would or could  Ozil score that goal.

ONeill

He scored almost exactly the same goal recently

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ONeill

Dinny Breen

Love it. Quadruple definitely still on.
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

MWWSI 2017