Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

50fiftyball

Tyroneman is spot on. I haven't been on the thread for a while but I was hopeful lately that we might actually win the league, the run in of games was always going to be tough, even before United it was a much tougher remaining fixture list than that of Spurs and Leicester.

There is NO way Wenger can defend himself at the end of this season if Spurs or Leicester win the title. Not a chance, If Man City or Chelsea had have been in the running then he would have threw the "ah sure they have all the money in the world to spend it wouldn't matter who I would've bought". But for Leicester and Spurs, both with considerably less transfer kitty's in the windows to not only finish above you but to look like more complete football teams is a disgrace. I cannot defend Wenger anymore, he must be axed if this is the outcome.
Was ironically watching premiership years last night, 98 winning season and the last few fixtures of the season United were hot on their tail, they steal rolled everyone, real leaders and the goals came from everywhere - Overmars, Vieira commanding midfield, they clinched the title in a brilliant performance against Everton where Tony Adams went on a run from centre back and scored a strikers goal to hammer them 4-0, grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck.

Who the f*ck in this current crop would do that?? Yes surely Sanchez is unreal, and so is Ozil. But they aren't those sort of men who get stuck in for you on the cold, wet Tuesday nights in Stoke. Ramsey, wilshere, Ox, Walcott, Giroud to name a few, get them all out to f*ck on their hole. Happy to take their wage every week and lie down to any team with a bit of bite in them. Who are these men were buying ??? Elneny, an Egyptian unknown from the Swiss league, Jesus Christ. Peter Cech Sanchez and Ozil have been the only stars bought in the last few years, and The rest just aren't consistent.
The back line , I've defended Koscielny but as for this season he just seems to be a headless chicken, and don't get me started on Mertesacker, he's so slow he goes backwards when he starts to run.

Rant over!

highorlow

2-1. Down to Swansea at home now. Absolute disaster!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ONeill

Hope it doesn't snow tonight. Was treacherous enough this morning.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

2-1 down is very poor innit

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

tyroneman

Wenger........ah fcuk it...what's the point.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Its ok.

Swansea have become our bogey team.

Along with all the rest of the teams that we play when the pressure is on.

Jaysus imagine if there was ever a season battling relegation!
MWWSI 2017

tyroneman

I think the only reason they beat Leicester was cos Wenger showed them last years table

50fiftyball

If can beat Spurs Saturday we're level with them joint second on 54 points, although could be doing Leicester a favour if they win they'll be 6 points clear with 60!!

I really can't see it at this stage but IF they win Saturday, you never know.. Barcelona and the FA Cup would be better out of the way IMO.

Walter Cronc

Who are the realistic options to replace Wenger? I cant think of many of the top of my head.

I'd be shocked if he goes at the end of this year - think his current deal runs until the end of next year.

Could Joachim Low be an option or too long in international football?

muppet

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 03, 2016, 10:05:21 AM
Who are the realistic options to replace Wenger? I cant think of many of the top of my head.

I'd be shocked if he goes at the end of this year - think his current deal runs until the end of next year.

I would appoint Conor McGregor manager for the rest of the season. After that they should be ready for a proper manager.
MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

Quote from: muppet on March 03, 2016, 11:34:24 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 03, 2016, 10:05:21 AM

I would appoint Conor McGregor manager for the rest of the season. After that they should be ready for a proper manager.

You might be right.  Or threaten them with Sam Allardyce. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

We should have a referendum on a Wexit!
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

MWWSI 2017