Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Sanchez barely over a serious injury (Welbeck the same) and people have the neck to target him on the back of a ropey performance or two despite being one of the best players in the league over the last two seasons?

Arsenal fans would want to look at themselves first and foremost.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2016, 04:11:35 PM
Bottlers.

And Theo's on £140'000 a week. Seriously. Alexis' form a mess too.

A shower of shit.
even worse when the spuds win I imagine

mouview

As I've asked here before, is Walcott the worst 'regarded' player in premier league? James Milner is maybe worse, but not quite as highly 'regarded'....

Dinny Breen

I haven't read any posts but Arsenal under Wenger aren't going to change, there is a mental fragility that stems from his leadership, that won't go until he does. If you look through this thread it's a common and reoccurring theme. Tyroneman annoys me at times as he beats the same drum, that doesn't make him wrong and yesterday was just another example.

However you look at Liverpool and Man United and you can see that appointing the right manager to take a club forward is a hard science to get right. It's about attracting players, it's about developing players, it's about instilling belief and being tactical innovative. Diego Simone anyone?

The only thing Walcott has added to his game in 10 years is a beard. Shit on a stick.
#newbridgeornowhere

Canalman

Spurs in a couple of weeks will be very interesting.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Canalman on February 29, 2016, 01:15:45 PM
Spurs in a couple of weeks will be very interesting.

This Saturday is it not, Spuds can draw.
#newbridgeornowhere

sensethetone

Might be following game is Spurs match.

Walter Cronc

Spurs match this Saturday at lunch time.

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 29, 2016, 01:09:56 PM
I haven't read any posts but Arsenal under Wenger aren't going to change, there is a mental fragility that stems from his leadership, that won't go until he does. If you look through this thread it's a common and reoccurring theme. Tyroneman annoys me at times as he beats the same drum, that doesn't make him wrong and yesterday was just another example.

However you look at Liverpool and Man United and you can see that appointing the right manager to take a club forward is a hard science to get right. It's about attracting players, it's about developing players, it's about instilling belief and being tactical innovative. Diego Simone anyone?

The only thing Walcott has added to his game in 10 years is a beard. Shit on a stick.

I'm happy with change for the sake of change. Sick and tired of the same  - bottling big games, CL second phase knockout, lack of leaders. I don't care if the club takes a hit and misses out on CL for a couple of years - as long as you can say, yip - these lads gave it their all. Arsenal players should be ashamed at their tame submission yesterday but they won't. Lads like Walcott will pocket the £140'000 and sent out the same old soundbites about fighting to the end etc when, in reality, they don't. Ever. Ozil and Alexis should pack their bags and head somewhere where they are surrounded by real players.

Arsene has always had a problem with the use of a 'captain'. It was glaring yesterday.

Finishing second, third or fourth.....blahhhhhh
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on February 29, 2016, 03:01:56 PM

I'm happy with change for the sake of change. Sick and tired of the same  - bottling big games, CL second phase knockout, lack of leaders. I don't care if the club takes a hit and misses out on CL for a couple of years - as long as you can say, yip - these lads gave it their all. Arsenal players should be ashamed at their tame submission yesterday but they won't. Lads like Walcott will pocket the £140'000 and sent out the same old soundbites about fighting to the end etc when, in reality, they don't. Ever. Ozil and Alexis should pack their bags and head somewhere where they are surrounded by real players.

Arsene has always had a problem with the use of a 'captain'. It was glaring yesterday.

Back in 98' Adams and co had a pop at Wenger over the lack of defensive cover from the midfielders. Can't imagine any of those Arsenal players having a pop at Wenger. Lack of leadership is palpable indeed. I cringe when I hear Wenger talking about mental fortitude.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

No Totteringham's day this year!!

joemamas

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 29, 2016, 03:07:47 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 29, 2016, 03:01:56 PM

Back in 98' Adams and co had a pop at Wenger over the lack of defensive cover from the midfielders. Can't imagine any of those Arsenal players having a pop at Wenger. Lack of leadership is palpable indeed. I cringe when I hear Wenger talking about mental fortitude.

Sickening to watch.

Need a quality striker and a mobile center back.
If Wenger has any you know what he would send Walcott to train with the reserves or youth team.
They have bought some very average players over past four or five years.
Frustrating to say the least, the title was within their grasp, now slipping away.

Well at least the owners are happy, another top four finish, shag all spent.
Loads of money, loads.

Walter Cronc

The continent and South America is full of young, hungry footballers who would be willing to fight. Pampered brats like Walcott, Chamberlain and Wilshere will get you nowhere! Pathetic outfit with 8 million a year Wenger chief culprit.

tyroneman

The only reason I beat the same drum is that the same frailties are present year after year.

It's just so frustrating that Arsenal always seem so very close to winning the EPL or progressing in the CL but never quite manage it and the postmortem continually leads back to some form of stubbornness from Wenger.

If he filled the obvious gaps (DM, striker, CH) and gave it a lash then fair enough but he always enters a season behind the curve in some shape or form personnel wise.

This year however Spurs and Leicester potentially (probably) finishing higher exposes him even more as they illustrate what good tactics, shrewd purchases and solid mentality can do for seemingly lesser (on paper) clubs.

All qualities that Wenger once had present at Arsenal..........

Farrandeelin

Do Arsenal fans want Wenger out or do you like 'stability' (new buzzeord) of finishing in the top 4 every year? If he left, would those guarantees be gone?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.