Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Comfortable last night. Now to fall over the line agin Newcastle and then play the stiffs in the cup.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2015, 11:15:43 AM
Comfortable last night. Now to fall over the line agin Newcastle and then play the stiffs in the cup.

Don't know any Arsenal fan surprised by the Southampton result. it's what Arsenal do. However Wenger played a blinder in blaming bad luck and the officials and the players responded with a comfortable win.

They'll add Elneny and one more in January then over the next few months Sanchez, Wilshere, Welbeck, Cazorla, Coquelin and Rosicky will all be phased back in giving a freshness and energy particularly Sanchez that should drive them close to the title.

#newbridgeornowhere

Gaffer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 29, 2015, 04:14:05 PM

Don't know any Arsenal fan surprised by the Southampton result. it's what Arsenal do. However Wenger played a blinder in blaming bad luck and the officials and the players responded with a comfortable win.

At least someone played a blinder!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Gaffer on December 29, 2015, 04:18:58 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 29, 2015, 04:14:05 PM

At least someone played a blinder!

Shane Long and Wanyama did as well but personally I find performances like that dishonest, if they can perform like that against the 'big' clubs they should be able to do the same in every game.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Second best side today but a valuable win. Quare run of difficult games now. Be good to get some of Alexis, Le Coq, Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky back before March.

Puckoon

Surprised to see Monreal get the run around that he got today, although the Ox, Ramsey and Flamini were leaving Oceans of space

Good to get the win. Great to get the win!! Really thought city were going to drop points - fantastic performance from Watford but 2 fantastic goals from City to see them through

ONeill

Well how do yiz see the season now?

Getting Sanchez, Rosicky, Welbeck, Wilshere and Coq back will fairly strengthen the bench for the run-in. As long as no other major injuries, especially to Ozil or Giroud.

Liverpool game - disappointing. Despite looking like a hammering early on - should have been able to hold out. Although Leicester are holding up, City surely will string a few wins together soon.

Windmill abu

Coquelin should regain his place over Flamini or Arteta easily. Sanchez will also be an automatic selection when fit, but who will be dropped. Joel Campbell has surely earned a starting jersey, or does Walcott deserve that place. My preferred mid-field at the moment would be Coquelin alongside Ramsey with Campbell Ozil and Sanchez in front. A bench of Walcott Wiltshire The Ox and Carzola would be a healthy situation for the run in. Good to see Giroud getting some credit for his goals which have kept the gunners at the top of the table.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

stew

I am waiting for Arsenal to lose a few games against teams they should beat, that said with Ozil in the form of his life, Girou finally scoring goals for fun and Sanchez coming back, I think the Arse have what it takes, Citeh to finish second, the spuds third and the foxes fourth.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tyroneman

Quote from: stew on January 16, 2016, 02:49:25 PM
I am waiting for Arsenal to lose a few games against teams they should beat, that said with Ozil in the form of his life, Girou finally scoring goals for fun and Sanchez coming back, I think the Arse have what it takes, Citeh to finish second, the spuds third and the foxes fourth.

Arsenals downfall will be failing to win games, like seeing wed night out.

Dinny Breen

It's like deja vu all over again.

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Theo fcukin Walcott. The lad's a hoax.

mouview

Quote from: ONeill on January 24, 2016, 08:57:37 PM
Theo fcukin Walcott. The lad's a hoax.

The worst 'regarded' player in the Premier league? Worse than Milner?

Main Street

I don't know what the issue is here, just accept that 6 points are written off to Chelsea before the season starts and anything different is a bonus.
Playing with 10 men for over an hour  makes redundant any gripes about how Arsenal played in this particular encounter.
But sad to see such embarrassing  histrionics from Arsenal players trying to fool the ref into giving a major decisions in their favour.
Arsenal are willing scrappers but lightweight especially with the likes of Ozil, why on earth is Fabregas playing with Chelsea and not Arsenal, execute whoever fcked that one up.

Syferus

Quote from: Main Street on January 25, 2016, 01:03:57 AM
I don't know what the issue is here, just accept that 6 points are written off to Chelsea before the season starts and anything different is a bonus.
Playing with 10 men for over an hour  makes redundant any gripes about how Arsenal played in this particular encounter.
But sad to see such embarrassing  histrionics from Arsenal players trying to fool the ref into giving a major decisions in their favour.
Arsenal are willing scrappers but lightweight especially with the likes of Ozil, why on earth is Fabregas playing with Chelsea and not Arsenal, execute whoever fcked that one up.

Arsenal don't need any more nice passers. Ozil is a better player now too and if they'd got Fab they'd probably not have been able to afford Sanchez who is one of the world's best.