Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 09, 2015, 09:46:30 PM
Treble is still on.

Arsenal have that soft underbelly but Palace aside are the best attacking side to watch in the PL, no chance they win the league, they will drop points against teams they should beat enough times to undo them, I think they will finish second with LC city 3rd and Liverpool fourth, City will win it I believe.

The Christmas period will tell a tale, LC could have more points by the end of the xmas period that they got in the whole of last season, unreal.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Since Vieira left in 2005, Wenger never had someone in the middle of the field who'll bring out the wing mirrors in opposing players. Vieira wasn't particularly hard but he put himself about when needed. And Parlour was clumsy enough to take the wind out of players. Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla.......not exactly intimidating. Flamini can get involved but is stupid in the tackle.

Barca are similar but don't need brutes.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on December 11, 2015, 10:44:26 PM
Since Vieira left in 2005, Wenger never had someone in the middle of the field who'll bring out the wing mirrors in opposing players. Vieira wasn't particularly hard but he put himself about when needed. And Parlour was clumsy enough to take the wind out of players. Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla.......not exactly intimidating. Flamini can get involved but is stupid in the tackle.

Barca are similar but don't need brutes.

Aye and both clubs are susceptible from set pieces.

ONeill

That was handy enough. Villa tried a bit harder in the second. 8 days rest badly needed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

brokencrossbar1

Nasty enough draw for you boys!

AZOffaly

Round of 16 draw
Gent (BEL) v Wolfsburg (GER)
Roma (ITA) v Real Madrid (ESP)
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) v Chelsea (ENG)
Arsenal (ENG) v Barcelona (ESP)
Juventus (ITA) v Bayern München (GER)
PSV Eindhoven (NED) v Atlético Madrid (ESP)
Benfica (POR) v Zenit (RUS)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) v Manchester City (ENG)

Canalman

Only now does the CL get interesting.

Four extremely interesting ties there in particular.

stew

City got the handiest draw of the English clubs, poor Arsenil, they are going to be beaten 9-0 on aggregate.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: stew on December 14, 2015, 01:10:58 PM
City got the handiest draw of the English clubs, poor Arsenil, they are going to be beaten 9-0 on aggregate.

Who is it you mugs play again??

Better in it than not!

muppet

Quote from: stew on December 14, 2015, 01:10:58 PM

Quote from: stew on December 13, 2015, 01:17:56 AM
.......the closer I get to this fight the more I cant shake off a sensational first round knockout with McGregor unconscious, I hope I am wrong.

:D :D
MWWSI 2017

Carmen Stateside

no one going to stop the Arse

muppet

Great win.

But....

Ahead of Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool.

Clear of the likes of Spurs and Everton.

And yet still not top of the League.

I can't be bothered checking, but I reckon Arsenal are close to their usual 2 points average per game at this stage most seasons.
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Arsene's got real manly class, that hairspray is just spectacular, all hairs in perfect place.

screenexile

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2015, 10:05:35 PM
Great win.

But....

Ahead of Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool.

Clear of the likes of Spurs and Everton.

And yet still not top of the League.

I can't be bothered checking, but I reckon Arsenal are close to their usual 2 points average per game at this stage most seasons.

That's was Carraghers assertion. He reckons Arsenal are basically the same as they have been but the rest of the teams have dropped a couple of levels which has them looking so good. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up but the way the other 'big' clubs are performing they've a good a chance as they've had in a long long time!!

rodney trotter

Yeah a great chance for them. Though they still should have added more then Cech in the summer.