Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

The only way to improve your team is by transfers. Wtf ever happened to plain old coaching and developing young players. Having a good transfer window is now a thing, good old Sky Sports News....
#newbridgeornowhere

smelmoth

Quote from: stew on August 09, 2015, 06:07:11 PM
Quote from: beer baron on August 09, 2015, 03:47:17 PM
Relax the kacks lads. Long old way to go,just one of them days. Be very shocked if you aren't within a few points if not the winners at the end of the season.

They wont be within twelve points of the winners!

Wenger refuses to play players in their natural positions
, until he does that they will lay an egg in games like this, they were outworked and stuck to playing pretty football when what they should have done was play a bit more direct at times and let Walcott, from a central position run at their big central defenders.
He refused to play Lauren in centre midfield and stuck him at right back. What did that team win?
Petit was a superb left back in Monaco. To play him in centre mid from the off was insane and ballsed up is chances of getting in the '98 world cup squad.
Thank christ Wenger didn't buy that winger from Monaco/Juventus. We needed a striker and Henry could never be that.
We could never win a league or a double with Wiltord on the wing.
We could never get to a CL final with Flamini at left back?

Wenger knows nothing about positioning.

smelmoth

Quote from: 50fiftyball on August 19, 2015, 02:21:02 PM
Anyone with any inside info? Clutching at straws here but looking for some glimmer of hope that we are going to sign someone... At the minute looking like it will drag out to the last day with the same garbage talk about Benzema and Cavani. Only to land a "promising" French U21 player for an undisclosed fee. (Or two.)
Reasonable source tells me he is serious about KB in this window. Making noises about Cavani, Lewandowski et al to keep Real honest in price terms. Still looking for a defensive midfielder but not looking for anybody else.

ballinaman

Benzema just called ye clowns.

Shots fired!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

muppet

MWWSI 2017

galwayman

Playing terribly so far tonight

Captain Obvious

CD

Feel sorry for chambers! Having a nightmare. Carzola anonymous. Lucky not to be 2 down
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Quote from: CD on August 24, 2015, 08:52:14 PM
Feel sorry for chambers! Having a nightmare. Carzola anonymous. Lucky not to be 2 down

Both useless and Bellerin not much better.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Arsenal don't 'need to protect their back 4' they need protection from their back 4.
MWWSI 2017

tyroneman

Same aul shi£e from Arsenal. Tip tap tip tap. Next year will be our year. So frustrating.

ONeill

Theo a spare part when he came on. Probably a fair result. Nearly conceded 4 first half.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

50fiftyball

Failed to score in 2 of 3 opening games.... My take on it is that there are too many midfielders in the team who are good on the ball, but when it comes down to it none are clinical enough to finish it or take a shot from the edge of the box.