Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

They need to be able to lump balls forward at times and mix it up, far too one dimensional for me. Walcott should have been played as a striker from the start given his pre season.

Same old Arsenal, flatter to deceive but in fairness the new keeper had a mare, hard to win when your keeper is ket!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Why do you think Mourinho let Cech go?

Joke on Twitter currently.Whst has a 16 year old in his back pocket? Answer Chewing gum,comb,Ozil ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

A comb? Did we go back in time to the 60s?

beer baron

Relax the kacks lads. Long old way to go,just one of them days. Be very shocked if you aren't within a few points if not the winners at the end of the season.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: beer baron on August 09, 2015, 03:47:17 PM
Relax the kacks lads. Long old way to go,just one of them days. Be very shocked if you aren't within a few points if not the winners at the end of the season.
Would expect similar to last season with Arsenal. Cech hasn't been the same keeper since his head injury however still a better keeper than Arsenal had last year.

muppet

Normally don't look in here till Mayo are out.

Do we look like emulating the invincibles this season?
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Tactically inept performance though. Playing midfielders as wingers, wingers as full backs, wasting Ozil and having to rely on Sanchez who still has sand in his hair. Man for man Arsenal were technically superior so whose fault is it?

Same old excuses...fatigue (wtf) sharpness......
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

They wont be within twelve points of the winners!

Wenger refuses to play players in their natural positions, until he does that they will lay an egg in games like this, they were outworked and stuck to playing pretty football when what they should have done was play a bit more direct at times and let Walcott, from a central position run at their big central defenders.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

beer baron

Quote from: stew on August 09, 2015, 06:07:11 PM

They wont be within twelve points of the winners!

Wenger refuses to play players in their natural positions, until he does that they will lay an egg in games like this, they were outworked and stuck to playing pretty football when what they should have done was play a bit more direct at times and let Walcott, from a central position run at their big central defenders.

Put your money where your mouth is. €100 up for grabs for the charity of our choice. I pay to yours if Arsenal aren't within 12 points of the winner and you donate to mine if they are (or the winner themselves)?

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 04:38:14 PM
Normally don't look in here till Mayo are out.

Do we look like emulating the invincibles this season?

https://vine.co/v/ew2jp2muFOu
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

50fiftyball

Early days yet, I wouldn't be panicking too much. Nevertheless a very lacklustre start, both goals were avoidable.

50fiftyball

Anyone with any inside info? Clutching at straws here but looking for some glimmer of hope that we are going to sign someone... At the minute looking like it will drag out to the last day with the same garbage talk about Benzema and Cavani. Only to land a "promising" French U21 player for an undisclosed fee. (Or two.)

AZOffaly

Quote from: 50fiftyball on August 19, 2015, 02:21:02 PM
Anyone with any inside info? Clutching at straws here but looking for some glimmer of hope that we are going to sign someone... At the minute looking like it will drag out to the last day with the same garbage talk about Benzema and Cavani. Only to land a "promising" French U21 player for an undisclosed fee. (Or two.)

Like Henry you mean? Oh the pain of it :)

50fiftyball

Come on now, Henry wasn't a complete unknown, he was a prospect at Juventus after all, albeit not playing well, on that subject I'd take that Morata fella from them!

pullhard

Any sign of another striker?