Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Depends on what Arsenal owners want. If they want a title, they'll not do it under Wenger in 2016. He's not ruthless enough to tear apart that defence. Cazorla probably had his Indian Summer.

With Ozil and Sanchez Arsenal can cut open any side. However, they possess no top level full backs or central defenders and that's why the Monaco result will happen every year.

If the owners are happy with a good chance of a cup and a top 4 then Arsene is their man. If they want a title, they'll have to encourage him to go and take a hit for 2-3 years with a new manager with no loyalty to the current squad.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Koscielny has 81 Pace and is the most traded for EPL player in FIFA 15.

That's got to count for something.

tiempo

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2015, 11:24:06 PM
Depends on what Arsenal owners want. If they want a title, they'll not do it under Wenger in 2016. He's not ruthless enough to tear apart that defence. Cazorla probably had his Indian Summer.

With Ozil and Sanchez Arsenal can cut open any side. However, they possess no top level full backs or central defenders and that's why the Monaco result will happen every year.

If the owners are happy with a good chance of a cup and a top 4 then Arsene is their man. If they want a title, they'll have to encourage him to go and take a hit for 2-3 years with a new manager with no loyalty to the current squad.

Cazorla is 30, a fair way off an Indian summer, look at the likes of Xavi, Pirlo and Scholes dominating games into their mid and late 30s, Wenger would be foolish to sell him. The reason for the peak in his form is because he was finally played in the correct position, in central midfield not out wide where he is wasted.

I agree that Wenger is not ruthless enough to rip up the back 4 but I think apart from a new left back to replace Monreal and Gibbs, someone that is going to come straight in as first choice the defence is ok.

Arsenal got lucky this year, people will point to the emergence of Coquelin, in reality they got lucky with the injury to Arteta, if Arteta was fit he would've started every game, Cazorla would have been on the wing/bench and Coquelin would have finished the season on loan at Charlton before being released.

Walter Cronc

More talk about Cech today. It seems to be gaining traction in the media.

Would be a serious signing for Arsenal.

Windmill abu

It looks like the signing of Petr Cech has been completed. Will Ospina or Sczcesny be let go. I can't see them both being willing to fight for the back up keepers Jersey.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Windmill abu on June 22, 2015, 06:52:29 PM
It looks like the signing of Petr Cech has been completed. Will Ospina or Sczcesny be let go. I can't see them both being willing to fight for the back up keepers Jersey.

Ospina to Fenerbache is apparently the rumour. Still believe Szcz has big potential and learning from Cech for a year or 2 will do him no harm.

laoislad

Cech is a great signing in fairness.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Average signing. If he was any good he'd be at Chelsea.

gawa316

He had one of the best 5 keepers in the world in front of him.

Still a top notch keeper

50fiftyball

Cech is the foundations, now lets get a commander for the back four/a powerhouse of a holding midfielder, and a clinical finisher, no fancy shite or f*cking about, ball into him, beng, back of the onion bag.

Over the Bar

Once you had Seaman covering the post and now you have a Cech on the way!

Dinny Breen

Cech-mate!

Interesting to see this goes, at least it will change one lazy narrative.

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

50fiftyball

Love to see Ospina stay on as he's shown throughout the season and in Copa America he's outstanding on his day. A team with two top class keepers fighting it out for no.1 is a great foundation for the defence.

ONeill

Diaby away. He owes Wenger a lot for the wage he received since that injury in 2006. Many managers would have ditched him in the last 5 years especially. Pity - he could play when fit.