Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Well.....no one saw that coming....lol

mrdeeds

I didn't even see him playing but scoring well with French u21s. Arteta is playing well. Keeping it ticking over and some of Arsenal's passing is excellent. Ramsey still struggling. Gibbs and Chambers going forward well.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Although Dortmund aren't up for this atall.

mrdeeds

Pity we didn't get a third. Outside chance of topping group then.

ONeill

Even with a 2nd place, Groups C and H are attractive draws.

mrdeeds

But its arsenal. Bayern barcelona or real.

Main Street

A Wenger vintage first goal and a special bit of quality for the second. I didn't watch the game though.
Regardless of Arsenal's current  state of affairs they would be next to last on any group winner's wish list of last 16 opponents.

ONeill

It'd be sorta nice to beat Southampton tomorrow.

tyroneman

Quote from: Main Street on November 27, 2014, 05:08:42 PM
A Wenger vintage first goal and a special bit of quality for the second. I didn't watch the game though.
Regardless of Arsenal's current  state of affairs they would be next to last on any group winner's wish list of last 16 opponents.

Juventus, Barcelona, Roma / Man City....all in second place right now......

Arsenal have more than enough about them to spring a last 16 surprise but I don't think the consistency is there to do it again after that.

ONeill

Giroud made a massive difference coming on. Holds the ball up well but also clever in and around the box.

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on December 03, 2014, 10:25:59 PM
Giroud made a massive difference coming on. Holds the ball up well but also clever in and around the box.

He s fond of a 'box' alright !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Main Street

Quote from: tyroneman on December 03, 2014, 06:51:16 PM

Arsenal have more than enough about them to spring a last 16 surprise but I don't think the consistency is there to do it again after that.
You have an opinion that Arsenal are possibly a 4th best team in the 2nd pot of the last 16 and you doubt they can get any further?
I don't really care whether my opinion (that they are the 2nd best team in that pot)  is more or less accurate than yours. As I remember it, the Highbury area was a red bricked shthole, alongside a soulless Finsbury pk. I suppose there are people from Highbury and the immediate environs who identify strongly with Arsenal fc, I'm not one of them.
But I do have some hope that your fancied team, Arsenal, do better than your prediction.

tyroneman

Quote from: Main Street on December 04, 2014, 10:33:17 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on December 03, 2014, 06:51:16 PM

You have an opinion that Arsenal are possibly a 4th best team in the 2nd pot of the last 16 and you doubt they can get any further?
I don't really care whether my opinion (that they are the 2nd best team in that pot)  is more or less accurate than yours. As I remember it, the Highbury area was a red bricked shthole, alongside a soulless Finsbury pk. I suppose there are people from Highbury and the immediate environs who identify strongly with Arsenal fc, I'm not one of them.
But I do have some hope that your fancied team, Arsenal, do better than your prediction.

Don't really understand the highbury point to to be honest and if you read what I posted I said Arsenal could indeed get beyond the next round but prob don't have enough consistency to go beyond that.

Still. It's all just opinion.

ONeill