Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Bellerin has a future but out of his depth yet while there is high hopes for Hayden. Monreal is a back up left back not centre half. The problem was one defensive injury was gonna cause a crisis. Wenger gambled on this and lost with Debuchey injury. A supposed transfer budget of 20 million is not going to solve the two major areas that need addressing with good enough quality plus there an issue where Korenke is getting 3 million paid to his companies out of club coffers.

ONeill

Yes, that £3m was a bit of a shock and I know it's pittance compared to how other owners treat their clubs.

I suppose that's what you have to expect and probably only the tip.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

A lot of talk online that Dinny is togging out at CB tomorrow.

Puckoon

He couldn't make the slurry cup team FFS.

ONeill

Come back Senderos. All is forgiven.

muppet

Walcott played for the U-21s tonight.

Apparently he only lasted a half so hopes that he might play for the senior team are probably premature. Diaby played as well and didn't finish. What is it with great minors not making it to the top flight?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/17/theo-walcott-arsenal-under-21-blackburn
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Just watching Fabregas the last few weeks, they really should have moved mountains to get him back.

Puckoon

He must have just read my mind.

tyroneman

Same old same old. Positions of most need are the ones letting Arsenal down again. Everyone knew it last year, yet Wenger splashes cash on a luxury winger and a b-list striker.

Time. To. Go.

And I say that knowing both scored. They were not what Arsenal needed. 

beer baron

Not trying to be a smartarse here but i see Wilshere was substituted,the British tabloids won't like that,they've been creaming themselves over how fantastic he's apparently been playing the last few weeks  ::)

ONeill

I've had enough of watching that crap. There's no point in buying rich-club cast-offs like Ozil, Sanchez and Welbeck if they're surrounded by shit.

Even Mertesecker failed to deal with a cross that was made for him. Wilshere pussies about, then when he's touched he looks to the medical team to see to him.

Are Arsenal progressing? Have they made any progression in 6-7 years?

I know some clubs would bite arms off for CL football every year but, trust me, after a decade of nothingness at the end of seasons and the whole predictable nature of it all, it really gets tedious.

The same type of tippy-tappy soft footballers (mentally and physically) will win plenty of games against 14-15 of those sides but what's the point when the top 10 in Europe can cope easily against it. Where's the Gattuso or even the Wanyama?

The monotony of it all is infuriating. A bit like lasagna.

mrdeeds

The frustrating part is only showing urgency with 10 minutes to go. Sanchez is a beast. Never stops trying and working but getting no help. He also played late Wednesday night. Wilshere should be allowed try balls over top like with  England instead of the tippy tappy stuff. Flamini not good enough. Should have tried Hayden centre half. I see Piers Morgan calling for Klopp but their start more shocking than ours. Only one home win all season. We'll probably finish fourth go out in last 16 in Europe and repeat next year.

ONeill

Everything should be about progression.

We believed Arsene was working wonders keeping them fourth after the Invincible period and with the debts. But...it's looking different now. They are getting further from the top table. Best players are leaving, replaced with middlins. His buys are suspect. If Ozil goes the way of Arshavin......

I would love nothing more than to see Arsene's philosophy vindicated once more. It's not going to happen. He got the big stadium. The most expensive season tickets.

T Fearon

Shite club with manager that they are afraid to let go.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on October 18, 2014, 10:46:04 PM
Everything should be about progression.

We believed Arsene was working wonders keeping them fourth after the Invincible period and with the debts. But...it's looking different now. They are getting further from the top table. Best players are leaving, replaced with middlins. His buys are suspect. If Ozil goes the way of Arshavin......

I would love nothing more than to see Arsene's philosophy vindicated once more. It's not going to happen. He got the big stadium. The most expensive season tickets.

The best players stopped leaving after Theo decided to stay put. Squad has been getting better the last two years. The drought was ended in May, it shouldn't be forgotten.

Arsenal fans really need to have a bit more respect for Wenger, easily the best manager in the history of the EPL after Hairdryer. Welbeck is looking like an absolute steal.