Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BartSimpson

And the injury stricken Arsenal continue with Marty Feldman injuring his knee on international duty. It will take several months for the new fitness coach to start effecting the players, but thats an awful start to the clubs year on injury front.
guwan the parish

mrdeeds

Ozil serious loss. Most passes in final third in Europe's five top leagues this season. Serious questions have to be asked why always injuries. Maybe Arsenal's style of play causes more fouls against.

mouview

Ozil's absence likely to tip the balance in our favour for the Euro qualifier next week.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mouview on October 09, 2014, 11:26:12 AM
Ozil's absence likely to tip the balance in our favour for the Euro qualifier next week.

Did you not see him play against Chelsea?
#newbridgeornowhere

mrdeeds

He plays well with Germany. Problem with Arsenal is Wenger but in Villa and Galatasary games showed a bit of form. If you see Arsenal's average players positions against Chelsea all 5 midfielders were in middle. Problem is no one wants to play out wide. Ox should start more big games.

mrdeeds

Plus Ozil actually injured his knee in the game and played full 90. Which begs massive questions of Arsenal's medical team.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 09, 2014, 01:47:20 PM
Plus Ozil actually injured his knee in the game and played full 90. Which begs massive questions of Arsenal's medical team.

Nonsense.
#newbridgeornowhere

mrdeeds

Dinny I wish it was nonsense but Arsenal sent him of to International duty knowing that he was injured.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/354201.html

ONeill

I don't believe a bit of it.

Low was at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. I think he was well aware that Ozil's head was in the wrong place.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 09, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
Dinny I wish it was nonsense but Arsenal sent him of to International duty knowing that he was injured.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/354201.html

They're obliged to send him.
#newbridgeornowhere

mrdeeds

I know they are but can you imagine Ferguson sending an injured player to International duty. Same with Kos who has acute tendinitis in both achilles and still sent. France sent him back.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 10, 2014, 02:46:51 PM
I know they are but can you imagine Ferguson sending an injured player to International duty. Same with Kos who has acute tendinitis in both achilles and still sent. France sent him back.

FIFA regulations but lets stick with the narrative instead.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

As I understand it, the club are obliged to send the player if requested, even if injured, for an assessment by the international team's doctors. Most times that's not required because the club and country agree it between them, but if the country looks for him, he's supposed to go.

mrdeeds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2794307/mesut-ozil-heard-crack-left-knee-against-chelsea-reveals-arsene-wenger.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

That's why the injury problems are so serious. Also Wenger thinks it's just a coincidence. 900 injuries since 2002. Rosicky doubt for weekend. Back four of Bellerin Monreal Per and Gibbs. In reserve Coquelin and Hayden. Kos may make bench.

ONeill

Fcukin deadly.

What's worse is that the replacement players have little future at the club.

Offensively Arsenal can ride a spate of injuries. Defensively it's a massacre.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.