Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Besiktas gave arsenal a real game. Arsenal probably fortunate enough to go through.

ONeill

Wilshere played well.

But how are they going to compete without a striker?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Zigic the man, cometh the hour.

mrdeeds

I'd take back nicklas bendtner over zigic. Jack class. Ox started well ran out of steam. Ozil still of pace. Calum Chambers getting England call up. Perhaps too soon.

ziggy90

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 27, 2014, 10:30:33 PM
Zigic the man, cometh the hour.

Very reliable in the 90th minute  :D.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Walter Cronc

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 27, 2014, 11:10:26 PM
I'd take back nicklas bendtner over zigic. Jack class. Ox started well ran out of steam. Ozil still of pace. Calum Chambers getting England call up. Perhaps too soon.

The English never learn do they. Just cant help themselves. Yes the lad has had a decent start but what happens when the inevitable dip happens (like all young players) and he doesnt make the next England squad. All the hype and media that goes with it. Madness!

beer baron

Debuchy was some clown last night,the ref could get him a nice suspension if he wants to for his over the top appealing after the 2nd yellow,surprised there hasn't been more mention of it. Wilshere played his best game in a while which is a plus for you guys.
Serious lack of intelligence in that side at times though,last 5 minutes they kept trying  to break for another goal and then losing the ball which gave Besiktas the opportunity to counter and could've led to you going out,the smart option was obviously to keep the ball especially with some of the technical ability in your side.

Main Street

Quote from: beer baron on August 28, 2014, 09:17:24 AM
Debuchy was some clown last night,the ref could get him a nice suspension if he wants to for his over the top appealing after the 2nd yellow,surprised there hasn't been more mention of it. Wilshere played his best game in a while which is a plus for you guys.
Serious lack of intelligence in that side at times though,last 5 minutes they kept trying  to break for another goal and then losing the ball which gave Besiktas the opportunity to counter and could've led to you going out,the smart option was obviously to keep the ball especially with some of the technical ability in your side.
There is technical ability in the Arsenal side but (based on last night)  the tactics appear to be more dumbed down this season to running around frantically, harrying, obsessive closing down and aggression. I can't say I have been following the timeline of Wenger's tactics too closely but this appears to me to be a departure of sorts.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2014, 12:56:21 PM
There is technical ability in the Arsenal side but (based on last night)  the tactics appear to be more dumbed down this season to running around frantically, harrying, obsessive closing down and aggression. I can't say I have been following the timeline of Wenger's tactics too closely but this appears to me to be a departure of sorts.

Any chance of him returning to the 6ft plus midfield enforcer type anytime soon??

Something like Vieira, Petit, Silva, Edu would do nicely!

AZOffaly

Was petit 6 foot? That'd be ironic.

Milltown Row2

I think when Arsenal meet Besiktas later on in the year it will be a Besiktas who'll come out on top
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 28, 2014, 01:04:49 PM
Was petit 6 foot? That'd be ironic.

6'1 according to the ever reliable wiki.

Billys Boots

Vieira probably made him look smaller than he was/is. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

rodney trotter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 28, 2014, 01:00:22 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2014, 12:56:21 PM

Any chance of him returning to the 6ft plus midfield enforcer type anytime soon??

Something like Vieira, Petit, Silva, Edu would do nicely!

Rabiot of PSG might fit the bill, 6f 2

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2014, 01:05:46 PM
I think when Arsenal meet Besiktas later on in the year it will be a Besiktas who'll come out on top

Stick to the reffing.  ;)
MWWSI 2017