Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2014, 10:40:48 PM
The wenger bashing has started early this year :)

It was earlier last year!

Sanogo is a goat but Giroud has a bit of quality.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Asal Mor

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 19, 2014, 11:14:21 PM
Wenger resting the German players - what is the issue with that? Van Gaal has rested Van Persie for United. Schurrle made 6 Sub appearances in the WC - while Ozil played a lot more minutes, starting 7 games? as did Mertesacker starting 6 games.

But the World Cup finished a month ago. Should a professional athlete not be fully recovered and ready to go in a month? If I was paying them a hundred grand a week I'd expect them to be. 

Walter Cronc

If Campbell doesnt feature in the return leg it's a sure sign he'll be sold before the window closes.

There was rumours a while back of AC wanting Campbell plus 'x amount' for Balotelli.

AZOffaly

In fairness, they had to have a holiday, even sled dogs get a break sometimes. Then when they returned they'd be behind the others and need to do a mini pre-season. No idea what Schurrle's story is, he may be anxious to get and hold a place on the Chelsea team and feels he can't have that break. It will be interesting to see how he goes later in the year.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 20, 2014, 03:59:08 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 19, 2014, 11:14:21 PM
Wenger resting the German players - what is the issue with that? Van Gaal has rested Van Persie for United. Schurrle made 6 Sub appearances in the WC - while Ozil played a lot more minutes, starting 7 games? as did Mertesacker starting 6 games.

But the World Cup finished a month ago. Should a professional athlete not be fully recovered and ready to go in a month? If I was paying them a hundred grand a week I'd expect them to be.

A professional athlete can still suffer from fatigue. Why the rush when they will still be playing 60 odd games this season between Pl, Carling Cup, Fa Cup and the champions league along with International games.

They will probaly feature in the second leg,

Walter Cronc

Talk of Podolski to be let go. Scores but other than that offers very little!

joemamas

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 21, 2014, 08:34:37 AM
Talk of Podolski to be let go. Scores but other than that offers very little!

Would not mind seeing the back of him, is it me or does he come across as a complete idiot, with the selfies and other photo opps.

Was at a games last season and it is apparent he is not a big favourite of the fans, a lot of them were calling him a fat cu*t. It was hilarious.

ONeill

He's still a handy squad player. Quare shot on him from distance - a rare quality for an Arsenal player.

ONeill

Looks like tactically nothing has changed from last year when playing away against a decent side.

Gaffer

Looks like this Sanchez boy is going to be another dud.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Dinny Breen

I thought Wenger did well in the 2nd half tactically, changes went well and Arsenal went more direct, thought Campbell in particular did well, just his manner, very direct.

Everton's 2nd goal should never had stood, so while a draw was a fair result you do have to ponder. Anyway you have to compliment Arsenal for their attitude and Naismith is a weasel.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 23, 2014, 07:32:50 PM
I thought Wenger did well in the 2nd half tactically, changes went well and Arsenal went more direct, thought Campbell in particular did well, just his manner, very direct.

Everton's 2nd goal should never had stood, so while a draw was a fair result you do have to ponder. Anyway you have to compliment Arsenal for their attitude and Naismith is a weasel.

Yep, the changes worked but the starting side lacked any bite at all. It seems like the side is much better with Giroud there. When Walcott is back it's hard to predict the starting side.

tyroneman

Naismith brought a reputation from Scotland. Off the pitch he might do nice things. On the pitch he's a weasel. Arsenal need to realise that they have no first choice striker. Giroud is ok as plan b but.....

And Alexis Sanchez.fcuk me. Unreal. A luxury buy that will add little to the team. Barcelona will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Billys Boots

Quote from: tyroneman on August 24, 2014, 02:01:39 AM
Naismith brought a reputation from Scotland. Off the pitch he might do nice things. On the pitch he's a weasel. Arsenal need to realise that they have no first choice striker. Giroud is ok as plan b but.....

And Alexis Sanchez.fcuk me. Unreal. A luxury buy that will add little to the team. Barcelona will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Sanchez had a very slow start in Barca too, but he is certainly a class act.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

mrdeeds

Looks like a new striker definitely needed. Giroud broken foot, 3 months out. His critics be happy but a huge loss. No one in squad to do that role.