Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Unarguably man of the match in his first game back for Cesc. Too bad it wasn't in a Gunners shirt.

Armamike

Quote from: tyroneman on August 18, 2014, 09:27:47 PM
Quote.      but the big thing Arsenal need is an athletic midfielder to sit beside Arteta and do the majority of running and tackling and let him play football.               

Sit beside??? An athletic, tough tackling midfielder required to get Arteta OTF and onto the bench more like.

;D
That's just, like your opinion man.

beer baron

Quote.      but the big thing Arsenal need is an athletic midfielder to sit beside Arteta and do the majority of running and tackling and let him play football.               

Sit beside??? An athletic, tough tackling midfielder required to get Arteta OTF and onto the bench more like.

You see this i don't understand from some Arsenal fans.after Utd i've seen as much of Arsenal as any other side (i'd say i've seen about half your games the past 2/3 years)and i'd have him down as your most consistent player in that time and is badly needed in that side for organisation and control of the ball around midfield and his passing off both feet is 2nd to none.

If he wasn't there it'd just be a case of attack,attack ,attack with all the midfielders bombing forward and leaving yourselves even more exposed than is currently the case. Ramsey's turning into an excellent player but his best work is getting forward, Wilshere's badly out of form and takes far too much out of the ball anyway, Rosicky's rarely fit/inform,Flamini's a tryer but that's all he is these days and Diaby's always injured.

I'd say when he's gone his true worth will be seen. Massive fan of the man,if that's not obvious  :P

mrdeeds

Quote from: beer baron on August 18, 2014, 10:28:30 PM

You see this i don't understand from some Arsenal fans.after Utd i've seen as much of Arsenal as any other side (i'd say i've seen about half your games the past 2/3 years)and i'd have him down as your most consistent player in that time and is badly needed in that side for organisation and control of the ball around midfield and his passing off both feet is 2nd to none.

If he wasn't there it'd just be a case of attack,attack ,attack with all the midfielders bombing forward and leaving yourselves even more exposed than is currently the case. Ramsey's turning into an excellent player but his best work is getting forward, Wilshere's badly out of form and takes far too much out of the ball anyway, Rosicky's rarely fit/inform,Flamini's a tryer but that's all he is these days and Diaby's always injured.

I'd say when he's gone his true worth will be seen. Massive fan of the man,if that's not obvious  :P

I agree with you to a certain extent. His passing stats  Saturday class but he's  no spring chicken and a younger upgrade would be nice.

ONeill

This Demba Ba boy will take a bit of watching tonight.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Should  have too much for them over two legs. Tough game the weekend.

ONeill

Played 12 won 12 in this round. Unlucky 13.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 18, 2014, 10:31:39 PM
Quote from: beer baron on August 18, 2014, 10:28:30 PM

I agree with you to a certain extent. His passing stats  Saturday class but he's  no spring chicken and a younger upgrade would be nice.

He's slow, one paced, loses the ball easily, can't tackle, gets overrun and outmuscled by good midfielders, creates little, has zero presence, slows play down unnecessarily, can't dribble and continually passes sideways like a less talented Ray Wilkins.....apart from that he's ok....

beer baron

Each to their own. I agree he's not quick,but to say he's easily disposessed,can't dribble and slows play down "unnecessarily" i find quite ridiculous.

Jeepers Creepers

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 19, 2014, 09:45:13 PM
Giroud is a goat.

When he's bad there are few worse to look at. Torres the exception perhaps!

Jeepers Creepers

Ba was plucking chances outa thin air(albeit he didn't score) but Giroud always find himself set up in front of goal and either kicks himself or the ground first. Ain't a gooner but Wenger might again rue not buying a out and out goal scoring centre forward.

tiempo

If Sanogo or Giroud were English then Wenger would never have given them a sniff. That's what is really annoying. He is totally biased towards French nationals. Shane Long or Niall McGinn at Aberdeen would do a better job than that joke Sanogo. Wengers logic is quite often shite. Don't offer players over 30 more than a 1 year contract extension being one of the old ones he tried to change recently by offering Sagna 3 years. He has shat in the nest far too often and is a huge part of the problem re lack of trophies this last 10 years.

His latest thought process is that the Germans aren't ready for 1st team action yet, now I despise Mourinho but he wouldn't stand for that bullshit notion and he had Schurrle playing last night. Joel Campbell is the one who will miss out with this Sanogo experiment, the kid is ready for his chance and Wenger is searching around for reasons to leave him on the bench or better still send him out on loan, the guy scored against Man Utd in the CL knockout stage last year and was a revelation at the World Cup, if you can't get a fair crack of the whip then, then when the hell can you??? Hasten to add if Joel Campbell was French...

AZOffaly

The wenger bashing has started early this year :)

rodney trotter

Quote from: tiempo on August 19, 2014, 10:38:54 PM
If Sanogo or Giroud were English then Wenger would never have given them a sniff. That's what is really annoying. He is totally biased towards French nationals. Shane Long or Niall McGinn at Aberdeen would do a better job than that joke Sanogo. Wengers logic is quite often shite. Don't offer players over 30 more than a 1 year contract extension being one of the old ones he tried to change recently by offering Sagna 3 years. He has shat in the nest far too often and is a huge part of the problem re lack of trophies this last 10 years.

His latest thought process is that the Germans aren't ready for 1st team action yet, now I despise Mourinho but he wouldn't stand for that bullshit notion and he had Schurrle playing last night. Joel Campbell is the one who will miss out with this Sanogo experiment, the kid is ready for his chance and Wenger is searching around for reasons to leave him on the bench or better still send him out on loan, the guy scored against Man Utd in the CL knockout stage last year and was a revelation at the World Cup, if you can't get a fair crack of the whip then, then when the hell can you??? Hasten to add if Joel Campbell was French...

Sanogo is 21 not some veteran over 30. He might develop into a decent player for Arsenal it's a long season. Campbell well get chances I'd imagine

Wenger resting the German players - what is the issue with that? Van Gaal has rested Van Persie for United. Schurrle made 6 Sub appearances in the WC - while Ozil played a lot more minutes, starting 7 games? as did Mertesacker starting 6 games.