Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

ONeill

Quote from: tyroneman on August 16, 2014, 06:07:08 PM
If Wenger has eyes and can see Sanogo....he's gotta get another striker.

Still no cutting edge up front.

Alexis very very poor today. Carzola as well. This game us crying out for a Diaby type player to stride through the middle. Once the tippy tappy misfires there is no plan b.

A real get out of jail from the Ram. That lad is prob the most important player in Arsenals team.

Weird that he persists with Sanogo. I don't know what he's waiting for....the fella has no trick. He's the most unArsenal player in recent years. Even Bendtner had something.

You were sore on Alexis. He saw plenty of the ball but like many others (even Ramsey) the final ball was off radar. He was lively though.

Cazorla had a day to forget but we know he's better than that. I thought Arteta did well and gave the centre backs little to do. Koscielny is a vital player when the chips are down. Often pops up at set pieces.

Gaffer

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2014, 07:29:07 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on August 16, 2014, 07:27:11 PM
And so it begins. The quest for the Premiership starts with an uncomfortable victory.

Lost 1-3 at home to Villa this game last year, so we already 3 points ahead!

Best thing that happened. It forced Wenger to get off his hole and buy the German.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

rodney trotter

Another Chilean attacker on the way to Arsenal. Vargas joining on a season loan from Napoli.

mrdeeds

Really need a centre half.  Is the Greek lad coming? And a defensive midfielder with a good engine.

ONeill

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 17, 2014, 08:47:03 PM
Another Chilean attacker on the way to Arsenal. Vargas joining on a season loan from Napoli.

WTF. Arsene looking for 5-4 shoot-outs every week?

AZOffaly

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 17, 2014, 08:53:07 PM
Really need a centre half.  Is the Greek lad coming? And a defensive midfielder with a good engine.

Do ye want Lucas? 40 million and 1 pound would be grand for him.

beer baron

Wenger comes across as a lad playing Football manager at times,just keeps buying attackers when other areas clearly need to be addressed(granted a top striker wouldn't go amiss) but the big thing Arsenal need is an athletic midfielder to sit beside Arteta and do the majority of running and tackling and let him play football.

What's Arsenal fans opinion of Wilshere? Surely with a full side he won't start? How much would he make now in comparison to if he was sold 2 or 3 years back  ???

rodney trotter

Wenger probaly isn't rushing for a defensive midfielder with Diaby back to fitness, named in the Squad against Palace. He is an excellent player, missed a good chunk of the past 2 seasons.

beer baron

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 17, 2014, 10:57:33 PM

Wenger probaly isn't rushing for a defensive midfielder with Diaby back to fitness, named in the Squad against Palace. He is an excellent player, missed a good chunk of the past 2 seasons.

I think that's the problem the last few seasons,he keeps thinking Diabys injury problems are behind him and then another comes along.

beer baron

Seen that earlier alright,pretty sick. Fair play to the lad if he ever does come back to his best after all that,there was a period of a few months 3 or 4 years back he was looking an absolute beast and would be a serious addition to Arsenal.

ONeill

Wishere is not the great white hope (so far) we thought he may be...but Ramsey turned it around.

Fully fit squad, he's not starting.

tyroneman

Quote.      but the big thing Arsenal need is an athletic midfielder to sit beside Arteta and do the majority of running and tackling and let him play football.               

Sit beside??? An athletic, tough tackling midfielder required to get Arteta OTF and onto the bench more like.