Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

That feels good. Bit like the '89 league. What needs to be done can wait til tomorrow.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

Quote from: ONeill on May 17, 2014, 08:27:57 PM
That feels good. Bit like the '89 league. What needs to be done can wait til tomorrow.

Completely agree. It could be the start of something great.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Windmill abu

I was a bit disappointed that Artetta didn't get to lift the cup. I know Vermalen is club captain, but if you wear the captains armband on the day you should be the one to lift the trophy.

muppet

Quote from: Windmill abu on May 17, 2014, 09:10:02 PM
I was a bit disappointed that Artetta didn't get to lift the cup. I know Vermalen is club captain, but if you wear the captains armband on the day you should be the one to lift the trophy.

Wenger probably nominated the one he thought would least likely to be injured by lifting it, or most dispensable.
MWWSI 2017

Windmill abu

Quote from: muppet on May 17, 2014, 09:11:39 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on May 17, 2014, 09:10:02 PM

Wenger probably nominated the one he thought would least likely to be injured by lifting it, or most dispensable.

Where was Nicholas Bendtner when you need him

lynchbhoy

Delighted for wenger

Ok and Dinny too ....

T Fearon

Are you seriously saying the goons fans who pay top dollar to be put to sleep at the Emirates every fortnight will be convinced of the future under Wenger after needing extra time to beat Hull reserves?

muppet

Is there a word for when someone's schadenfreude is immediately reversed?
MWWSI 2017

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: muppet on May 17, 2014, 09:40:42 PM
Is there a word for when someone's schadenfreude is immediately reversed?

Yes.  Immedenfreude.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2014, 08:10:05 PM
Well done arsenal. Happy for wenger. I admire his stubborn belief in his core principles. Congrats Dinny, O'Neill, muppet and the other long suffering arsenal fans on here.

+1

9 years is a long time and there have been some great teams and near misses in between.

Well done.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: All of a Sludden on May 17, 2014, 08:12:09 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 17, 2014, 08:05:54 PM
No right minded individual would begrudge Wenger that win

Do you have anyone in particular in mind?  ;D
;D I see he has arrived...

tiempo

Quote from: orangeman on May 17, 2014, 09:51:26 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2014, 08:10:05 PM
Well done arsenal. Happy for wenger. I admire his stubborn belief in his core principles. Congrats Dinny, O'Neill, muppet and the other long suffering arsenal fans on here.

+1

9 years is a long time and there have been some great teams and near misses in between.

Well done.

As an Arsenal supporter I can say I am embarrassed by how they won the cup today, and the last 9 years. I know some will say its all about  the result and all that, and I'm not an aesthete but Giroud and Sanogo are utter toilet and I resent the fact that they are professional footballers. I would've actually laughed my head off if Hull had scored that riduclous third goal today where Mertesaker took the tumlbe etc.

There is an article in the Irish Post about how Arsenal no longer have any Irish lads in their ranks, in Wengers time he has been too biased to French players and it disgusts me, the man is genius and stubborn pillock in equal measure.

Clubs like Athletico Madrid and Dortmund have gone from bankrupt to CL final in the last 9 years while Wenger can't see the economic sense of giving RVP the bumper contract he earned.

Fingers crossed someone has a word and they get their act together for next year as they have the basis of a Championship and CL winning team there.

ONeill

Haha!

Don't be embarrassed...look at what happened City last year...Cup Finals can be mad.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

What happened City last year was an example of a manager who had clearly lost the dressing room.

Any right thinking Arsenal fan should be embrrassed by today

Dinny Breen

Quote from: T Fearon on May 18, 2014, 12:20:00 AM
What happened City last year was an example of a manager who had clearly lost the dressing room.

Any right thinking Arsenal fan should be embrrassed by today

Hmm how would one feel if the club they supported have gone 53 years since winning only their second League title or 24 years since their last F.A Cup win.

#newbridgeornowhere