Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Arsene had his four most creative players ripped from him through injury but even a full strength side may not have prevented the big defeats.

This summer is massive. The board have been saying the money is finally there to compete. He has to buy ready-made players which may gall him but that's the nature of football in the Premier League these days.

In the same way I thought RVP was correct to leave, I'm glad Suarez didn't join. He deserves to play with better players.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Arsenal are still performing above their station in life.
I can't remember when Arsenal had 4th place all but secured so early in the season. Even when Van Persie was in scintillating form, 4th place was a last gasp dive to the finishing tape.
Wenger has dragged the Arsenal to the point where 4th place is now a secure achievement. In order for the sound decision making to continue, Wenger's ears would have to be well protected from the usual chorus of deluded advice for the road ahead.

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

muppet

MWWSI 2017

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Bayern have been ordered to close part of their stadium due to the homophobic posters towards Ozil during the Arsenal game, can't recall it being news at the time but it will be closed for Utd's game, will just mean less Germans see Utd get hammered in the ground
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Nah, they're going to close the away end :D

Armamike

Arsenal's lack of trophy winning has coincided with the new stadium hasn't it?  Just a case of not enough funds being made available for players the past 7-8 years?
That's just, like your opinion man.

ONeill

Quote from: Armamike on March 24, 2014, 08:08:30 PM
Arsenal's lack of trophy winning has coincided with the new stadium hasn't it?  Just a case of not enough funds being made available for players the past 7-8 years?

To an extent yes.

But even a division four side would know how to set up against world class opposition. Unfortunately Wenger's stubbornness to play it his way with average to good footballers has resulted in some of the most humiliating results in their history.

The penny has surely dropped now.

ONeill

A real low right now.

Everton one up. Results stay like this and Everton in the driving seat for 4th.

Time to stand up Arsenal.

All of a Sludden

Arsenal have to go to Goodison, fourth isn't looking a certainty now.

Arsenal have been very shaky since Ozil got injured.

Everton 2-0 up now.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

EC Unique

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 25, 2014, 08:58:57 PM
Arsenal have to go to Goodison, fourth isn't looking a certainty now.

Arsenal have been very shaky since Ozil got injured.

Everton 2-0 up now.

2-1 to Ars now!

Carmen Stateside

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Carmen Stateside

And lucky the ref blew it! Swansea were clean through