Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 19, 2014, 08:46:45 AM
Arsenal would have more experience than City but after watching City last night you'd have to worry about the standard of the EPL and really fear for Arsenal tonight, Liverpool and Southampton showed that the high press creates opportunities and what manager loves his teams playing that way and with much more quality in his team gulp!
Man Utd always score, Dinny

Captain Obvious

Two poorly taken penalties. Bayern Munich should have enough to beat ten man Arsenal.

ONeill

Ozil starting to irk me. No doubting his ability. I think he's used to being around better players.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2014, 08:41:33 PM
Ozil starting to irk me. No doubting his ability. I think he's used to being around better players.
He might not make it to Brazil

From the Bunker

The title of this thread is beginning to look ironic!

AZOffaly

Only saw the second half, but jaysus he looked a forlorn chap. Didn't exactly die for the cause.

Jonah

Dinny Breen

Form not great and then missed penalty so confidence dropped add in new league new country new culture form in the 1st season was always going to be up an down. Wilshere I can offer no reason shell of the player he was 2 seasons ago.

Still the effort was commendable and if Arsenal score the 1st goal in the 2nd leg well then it's game on.
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Obvious

Jamie Carragher reckons Arsenal should rest players in the second leg and concentrate on League and FA Cup.

ONeill

As the game wore on my attitude to Ozil changed - he did give a fcuk and was chasing down their defenders when no one else was.

That was an unfortunate game. The first 10 mins were the best Arsenal have played in yonks. Playing Munich is tough and it was expected they'd have a period of dominance. Just before the penalty they'd looked like two boxers looking forward to the end of a round and a chance to go at it again in the second half. The red card was crucial.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2014, 11:43:16 PM
As the game wore on my attitude to Ozil changed - he did give a fcuk and was chasing down their defenders when no one else was.

That was an unfortunate game. The first 10 mins were the best Arsenal have played in yonks. Playing Munich is tough and it was expected they'd have a period of dominance. Just before the penalty they'd looked like two boxers looking forward to the end of a round and a chance to go at it again in the second half. The red card was crucial.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/19/arsenal-v-bayern-munich-live-champions-league-report

78 min "Ozil," says Sarah McLeroy. "This was definitely in the brochure. It's who Ozil is, brilliant for a while and then invisible or even a liability the rest of the time. He can be sublime but that never lasts. He has shown this inability to play at his highest level for long periods of time running at every club he has played at."
Sorry, should have made it clearer: I meant that marking a full-back wasn't in the brochure that Arsenal showed him.

Dinny Breen

http://m.soundcloud.com/an-irishman-abroad

Interesting interview with Jerry Flannery now conditioning coach with the Arsenal academy.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Nice goal Rosicky today.

A real plus from this year has been the dominance over lower half sides...as it should be.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on February 22, 2014, 10:16:13 PM
Nice goal Rosicky today.

A real plus from this year has been the dominance over lower half sides...as it should be.
Flat track bullies

Dinny Breen

That was shit, shit game and shit performance, shit decision for the penalty but overall just shit.
#newbridgeornowhere