Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: tyroneman on February 08, 2014, 01:36:24 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on February 03, 2014, 02:30:35 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 03, 2014, 02:00:48 AM
You think he's not serious about competing? With 14 games left? And top?

If you are serious about competing with 14 games to go and a legitimate shot then you reinforce.

The world and his wife knew he needed at least another forward. What did he sign....

And his options off the bench are..........

Amazing that Wenger sees Arteta as a holding midfielder. Couldn't tackle a paper bag.

There is no validation to your opinion as you only post when things go wrong. Empty!
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Gazzler on February 08, 2014, 01:28:08 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 06, 2014, 11:40:02 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 05, 2014, 08:01:46 PM
Would take a draw at Anfield but have to beat Utd midweek - even just for the development of this side.

Agree with that Liverpool aren't a benchmark and a win over Man United would starve inner doubt and feed the belief that they can actual do something this season.

;D

You need to look up benchmarking.

One off performances while of exceptional standard are not a benchmark.
#newbridgeornowhere

Gazzler

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 08, 2014, 01:52:38 PM
Quote from: Gazzler on February 08, 2014, 01:28:08 PM
Would take a draw at Anfield but have to beat Utd midweek - even just for the development of this side.

Agree with that Liverpool aren't a benchmark and a win over Man United would starve inner doubt and feed the belief that they can actual do something this season.

;D

You need to look up benchmarking.

One off performances while of exceptional standard are not a benchmark.

;D
Are you going to lock the thread again.

Agent Orange

Arsenals season just won downhill gold at the winter olympics.

tyroneman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 08, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

If you are serious about competing with 14 games to go and a legitimate shot then you reinforce.

The world and his wife knew he needed at least another forward. What did he sign....

Amazing that Wenger sees Arteta as a holding midfielder. Couldn't tackle a paper bag.

There is no validation to your opinion as you only post when things go wrong. Empty!

Yeh. Sure.

I'm not wrong though. 

ONeill

Fascinating to see how Arsenal respond. It has been a strength all season.

Tyroneman, no amount of signings would have prevented that 4-0 after 20 mins....especially a forward.

That was freakish.

The Worker

Still fancy arsenal to finish 3rd this year.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2014, 02:53:22 PM

Tyroneman, no amount of signings would have prevented that 4-0 after 20 mins....especially a forward.

That was freakish.

Have responded well so far this season to set backs, Wednesday will be interesting.
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Obvious

Who are you kidding? Manchester United under David Moyes are no benchmark. For Arsenal to do something this season they will have to beat Liverpool in the FA cup next weekend, after today that looks unlikely to happen.

laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 08, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

He only sings when you're losing....sings when you're losing....He only sings when you're looooosssing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 08, 2014, 05:01:35 PM

Who are you kidding? Manchester United under David Moyes are no benchmark. For Arsenal to do something this season they will have to beat Liverpool in the FA cup next weekend, after today that looks unlikely to happen.

Not unlikely at all. This game is not in Anfield! Liverpool have no bother getting up for the big game here and there, but they cannot do it week in week out. Wenger because of a busy schedule and a small squad will have to probably prioritise certain games this month. Will he treat the FA Cup as a secondary competition? Will be hard after today and in front of home support.

tyroneman

That was freakish.

The signing of a forward who posed a mobile threat might have given Liverpool something to think about. 

The signing of a decent lb and at least one decent defensive MF might have helped also.

The absence of Flamini was crucial today. Arteta is not a leader. Wasn't at Rangers. Wasn't at Everton. Isn't at Arsenal.

Out of the top 6 teams I would like to see Arsenal take the title.  It's just quite frustrating to see Wenger fail to strengthen from a position of strength a la Chelsea.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: tyroneman on February 08, 2014, 07:08:02 PM

That was freakish.

The signing of a forward who posed a mobile threat might have given Liverpool something to think about. 

The signing of a decent lb and at least one decent defensive MF might have helped also.

The absence of Flamini was crucial today. Arteta is not a leader. Wasn't at Rangers. Wasn't at Everton. Isn't at Arsenal.

Out of the top 6 teams I would like to see Arsenal take the title.  It's just quite frustrating to see Wenger fail to strengthen from a position of strength a la Chelsea.

No one is arguing with you because all you do is criticise Wenger and never give credit, measured analysis.

I would always be a half-full kinda of person always looking for a positive but would try and offer measured criticism and would have loved to see a strike come in January but it is what it is.

Anyhow Man United will be under immense pressure for a result on Wednesday night, if they have looked at the Liverpool game and the Southampton one before that they will see Arsenal didn't like been put under pressure high up the field and coughed up possession really easy. That way is the way to play the Arsenal so I'm hoping Moyes will become negative and try and park the bus, that would suit Arsenal to a tee.

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill