Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtown

anyone know where i can get tickets to an arsenal game? preferably at home but if be away is ok

Gaffer

Home and away  games require red membership. This costs about 30 quid for year. You go online on the day tickets  go on sale and be prepared to wait a while for the box office to load up. Even then they may be sold out by the time you get through. If sold out you can then get them on ticket exchange where season ticket holders who can't make that particular game put them up for sale.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Great to see Podolski back. Took his goal well.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Asal Mor

Quote from: ONeill on December 26, 2013, 10:23:06 PM

Lads, do ye think Podolski is likely to start a few games after last night? I have him in a fantasy football draft and I'm thinking about signing him. Big money at stake here.  ;)

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Asal Mor on December 27, 2013, 12:49:53 AM

Lads, do ye think Podolski is likely to start a few games after last night? I have him in a fantasy football draft and I'm thinking about signing him. Big money at stake here.  ;)

Wenger has been bigging him up recently and he looked very hungry yest, he scored 16 goals last season and had double digit assists. With his directness he's always going to get on the end of chances especially with the handsome bastard up front. Looking at Arsenal's run of games I'd recommend buying him.

Newcastle game on Sunday will be interesting, considering their form a point would be a good result but always fancy Arsenal away especially with their midfield options.
#newbridgeornowhere

Asal Mor

Cheers Dinny. Seeing as I'm bringing him in for Jermaine Defoe, it's safe to say he'll be an improvement. I think Arsenal should beat Newcastle. Newcastle have been on a great run but they've ridden their luck too. A freakish amount of refereeing decisions and deflections have been going their way recently.

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 27, 2013, 10:52:56 AM

Wenger has been bigging him up recently and he looked very hungry yest, he scored 16 goals last season and had double digit assists. With his directness he's always going to get on the end of chances especially with the handsome b**tard up front. Looking at Arsenal's run of games I'd recommend buying him.

Newcastle game on Sunday will be interesting, considering their form a point would be a good result but always fancy Arsenal away especially with their midfield options.

He's only 28 too. I thought he was older.

Can Arsenal win the league by beating 15 clubs home and away....and maybe pick up the odd point against City/Chelsea/Utd.....?

tyroneman

Quote from: ONeill on December 27, 2013, 02:41:16 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 27, 2013, 10:52:56 AM

Wenger has been bigging him up recently and he looked very hungry yest, he scored 16 goals last season and had double digit assists. With his directness he's always going to get on the end of chances especially with the handsome b**tard up front. Looking at Arsenal's run of games I'd recommend buying him.

He's only 28 too. I thought he was older.

Can Arsenal win the league by beating 15 clubs home and away....and maybe pick up the odd point against City/Chelsea/Utd.....???

Unless Arsenal start punching their weight against Citeh, Chelsea and Utd in the same season they won't win the EPL.

ONeill

Over the magic 40 points. PL football secured for next year hopefully.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2013, 03:58:14 PM
Over the magic 40 points. PL football secured for next year hopefully.
Eighty points might be enough to win the league this season can Arsenal dare to dream?

rodney trotter

The reason a team might finish on 80 pts is because the teams around the top4 are all taking points from eaach other.Nothing to do with lesser quality this season, as its clearly better this season. Utd walked the league by 89pts, finished 11 ahead of city last year, and indeed utd took the foot of the gas in the final few of last year. So it could have been  more then 89tpts

. City are clearly better this season, lots of problems under mancini, plus they made good signings in the summer. Arsenal have wilshire back after missing all of last season, the emergence of ramsey as a key player, along with the signing of ozil plus flamemi, has made the squad stronger. Pudolski and walcott now back as well.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 29, 2013, 06:14:35 PM
The reason a team might finish on 80 pts is because the teams around the top4 are all taking points from eaach other.Nothing to do with lesser quality this season, as its clearly better this season. Utd walked the league by 89pts, finished 11 ahead of city last year, and indeed utd took the foot of the gas in the final few of last year. So it could have been  more then 89tpts

. City are clearly better this season, lots of problems under mancini, plus they made good signings in the summer. Arsenal have wilshire back after missing all of last season, the emergence of ramsey as a key player, along with the signing of ozil plus flamemi, has made the squad stronger. Pudolski and walcott now back as well.

Do you think Manchester City are better now than when they won the title? i don't and its unlikely they will need eighty nine points to win the league this season.

rodney trotter

They have a better squad now then they had then so I would say they are.Tevez is the only significant player they lost since then, and he was awol for most of that seaaon, until the final few months when he came back and made the difference

Balotelli left too, not much of a loss, as he contributed feck all, only fighting with team mates

Captain Obvious

Debatable if their squad is better now, under Pellegrini Manchester City have lost against Sunderland,Cardiff,Aston Villa only drew with Southampton,Stoke the home form has them second.  The current Chelsea team aren't at the level of Mourinho Chelsea teams in 2004,05. The English media will hype up the quality of the Premier league however i believe the bar has been lowered this season and it gives a side like Arsenal a chance to win the league.

rodney trotter

The media hype up the bundesliga as the strongest in Europe, more debatable. Dortmund lie 12th pts  behind munich in 4th. Munich 7 clear of bayer with a game in hand