Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Yep.

Don't want a 4-0er tomorrow though. But as you say, the five point cushion is a good blow-absorber.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Feckin Jerry Flannery polluting those boys heads...
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Oneill won't be happy with Walcott for that first goal. Didn't bother his arse running with michelis.

screenexile

ONeill

ONeill

Although he must be doing a Dinny and putting his eggs into the Chelsea basket. Odd substitutions.

Walcott is ruining that side.

Walter Cronc

From the Bunker

Arsenal thought a bit of a lesson. But it's a long season. Two points dropped (as most expected 1 at best). No disaster, unless they let it affect them from here on!

The Worker

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 14, 2013, 04:29:13 PM
Arsenal thought a bit of a lesson. But it's a long season. Two points dropped (as most expected 1 at best). No disaster, unless they let it affect them from here on!

If most expected 1 point and they got 0 points then how is it 2 points dropped?

Captain Obvious

I don't think Arsenal have a squad strong enough to win the league and unless Mourinho can find something special Manchester City could wrap up this title by April.

muppet

A defence that gets hit for 6 is going to struggle to win a title.

Having said that anyone is going to find the Etihad difficult. If City's away form doesn't improve they won't win it. I think Chelsea will win but if Arse avoid defeat against them or win, who knows.
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on December 14, 2013, 05:05:48 PM

Having said that anyone is going to find the Etihad difficult. If City's away form doesn't improve they won't win it. I think Chelsea will win but if Arse avoid defeat against them or win, who knows.

I didn't see all the game but any team that concedes 3 at home though is vulnerable if you can close up the back.  Pantaloons and Harte don't convey any sense of confidence into anyone and if Kompany isn't there then they can be breached. 

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 14, 2013, 05:27:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 14, 2013, 05:05:48 PM

I didn't see all the game but any team that concedes 3 at home though is vulnerable if you can close up the back.  Pantaloons and Harte don't convey any sense of confidence into anyone and if Kompany isn't there then they can be breached.

Gaelic has always been his first love anyways.

Dinny Breen

Yesterday was the perfect shit storm, fatigue, awful decisions and a team unstoppable at home.

Title race is still wide open but not beating one of City and Man U and Chelsea does make you question their mental state especially if they feel to beat a below par Chelsea next Monday.
#newbridgeornowhere