Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

@SiClancy There are a few nerves jangling about Ozil to Arsenal.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gerry

Quote from: Main Street on September 02, 2013, 09:20:56 PM
Any takers for Bendtner?
How much will Arsenal pay to entice a taker?

looks like he is staying, seeing the Ba deal fell through
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

laoislad

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal have just sold Mesut Ozil to Manchester City for €60million.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Plenty of good players now but no real out and out striker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

orangeman

Ozil good player - big money. He'd want to be good for that sort of money.

Walter Cronc

Will be interesting to see where Wenger plays Ozil. Despite people feeling Arsenal dont need a creative player, they actually were poor last year in breaking teams down. Ozil has the best assist record in Europe and weighs in with 10-15 goals regularly. A top buy in my view!

Denn Forever

Quote from: laoislad on September 02, 2013, 10:45:57 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal have just sold Mesut Ozil to Manchester City for €60million.

Plus Clichy and Nasri in return.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ONeill

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 03, 2013, 11:25:41 AM
Will be interesting to see where Wenger plays Ozil. Despite people feeling Arsenal dont need a creative player, they actually were poor last year in breaking teams down. Ozil has the best assist record in Europe and weighs in with 10-15 goals regularly. A top buy in my view!

Yes, a striker would've been nice or a DM but the squad seems to have matured collectively.

Don't think it's good enough to challenge the 2 Manchesters and Chelsea but you never know.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Germany, a football nation was in despair at the news that their most cherished player was forced to leave the Galactico Real Madrid and sent to coventry or in this case Arsenal.

deiseach

Quote from: Main Street on September 05, 2013, 11:50:59 AM
Germany, a football nation was in despair at the news that their most cherished player was forced to leave the Galactico Real Madrid and sent to coventry or in this case Arsenal.

There was a time when a wisecrack about what a German player's father might have done to Coventry would have worked. In the case of Mesut Özil though, not so much.

Billys Boots

Quote from: deiseach on September 05, 2013, 12:05:47 PM

There was a time when a wisecrack about what a German player's father might have done to Coventry would have worked. In the case of Mesut Özil though, not so much.

There used to be a similar chant at Maine Rd, back in the day, something to do with Uwe Rossler's Da bombing various opponents towns - incidentally, Mr. Rossler is now manager of Brentford FC. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

deiseach

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 05, 2013, 12:11:16 PM
There used to be a similar chant at Maine Rd, back in the day, something to do with Uwe Rossler's Da bombing various opponents towns - incidentally, Mr. Rossler is now manager of Brentford FC.

That's the one I was thinking of, much obliged for the refresher.

Dinny Breen

Since the intellectual heavyweights of the board seem to be setting up camp here do Arsenal have the best midfield in the Premier League?
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

Well if we can take their national coach as a pointer, they are dismayed yes that Real Madrid sold him. They are delighted however that he came to a club like Arsenal, with a coach like Arsene.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 05, 2013, 01:25:54 PM
Since the intellectual heavyweights of the board seem to be setting up camp here do Arsenal have the best midfield in the Premier League?

Potentially they do. I'm sure a few will allude to the fact they are missing a big powerful defensive mid. However Spurs had 3 big lads in the middle on Sunday and at times couldnt get near Arsenal.

Ramsey/Wilshere & Arteta/Flamini

Ox/Walcott       Ozil      Cazorla

Looks decent enough