Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Unlucky last night, especially considering who they were missing.

I asked this question before, but is Wenger given money to spend and he simply choses to not spend it or is he not being given any dosh?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Strange game indeed, Arsenal coming away with a 2 nil win, though not quite as bizarre a game as when Bendtner missed that gilt edge chance at the Camp Nou.
Rosicky, a player in a key position, took about 60 minutes to get tuned in to stroking an accurate pass. Bayerns' ineffectiveness in front of goal was more due to their ineptitude on the night, than Arsenals' defending. Robben couldn't pass or shoot straight. The Arsenal forays on the right side, with a clutter of players, was headless chicken stuff. Yet they won and with a bit more ..... (insert some word of choice) they could have managed to knock Bayern out on their backside.

Dinny Breen

Nice to see Ramsey and the Head make an impact off the bench. Looks like the cycle is going to continue.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 17, 2013, 10:18:09 AM
Nice to see Ramsey and the Head make an impact off the bench. Looks like the cycle is going to continue.

The Belgian's absence still not missed.

Great win.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Hard to believe 12 years dead today, one of my all time favourite Arsenal players.

Nice article here...

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/03/david-rocastle-rip-gentleman-and-arsenal-footballing-legend/
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

That was a nervy last 20 yesterday. Gervinho's some crack. Plays like me sometimes and then does something match-winningly good.

Interesting scenario now. Arsenal play three times (home to Norwich and Everton/away to Fulham) before Spurs play their next game (home to City). If they managed somehow to win those three they'll be 8 ahead having played two games more.

Just hope the Mertesecker suspension doesn't unnerve the side. They can be brittle like that.

muppet

Another comfortable afternoon!
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Yes, don't feel any older after that. All under control.

v Everton midweek. Massive. The big 6 (Utd, City, Arse, Chel, Spurs, Eve) all in position for the final few games again.

Dinny Breen

The worst team Wenger has managed since he arrived in England yet only 6 points of second. EPL standards are declining.
#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 13, 2013, 06:24:02 PM
The worst team Wenger has managed since he arrived in England yet only 6 points of second. EPL standards are declining.

But 18 off top... 8)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 13, 2013, 06:24:02 PM
That's beyond doubt. Last season, Man U's performance against Basel and Bilbao was more of a true reflection of the EPL standard than Chelsea winning the CL. And as good a magician as we know Wenger to be, not even he could manage this sustained 'attack' (without Van Persie) for a top 4 place, achieving the same points as last season, unless EPL standards have dropped even lower than last season.

ONeill

0-0 at half time. Two teams playing with confidence. Everton are extremely well organised and much more physical than I expected. A draw wouldn't be a bad result.

Captain Obvious

Second half needs a few goals or the main talking point will be Ian Wright glasses.