Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wouldn't get rid of him.

But the Yank might.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Morgan on BBC5Live in 8 mins.
MWWSI 2017

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2013, 10:19:28 PM
I wouldn't get rid of him.

But the Yank might.

Does the yank even know where the club is!

ONeill

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on February 19, 2013, 10:27:51 PM
Morgan? The madness is growing. Has the guy ever kicked a ball?

That was some sleepwalk by Neuer for Arsenal's goal.
At least Wenger can look to one of the positives, Arsenal's CL did last 3 minutes longer than Celtic's.

ONeill

T Fearon

So that's the boast now? Champs league campaign lasted three mins longer than an SPL side that has access to 1/100 of the finances available to the Woolwich itinerants?

For how much longer will Wenger demean himself fronting up a penny pinching regime in front of eejits who pay £92 for tickets to be put to sleep every second Saturday?

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2013, 12:03:46 AM
Quote from: muppet on February 19, 2013, 10:27:51 PM

Do you like Piers Morgan?

It is the only think that makes Arsenal's performances bearable.
MWWSI 2017

EC Unique

nrico2006

Wenger is an unbelievable manager, but what is the story at Arsenal.  Is it a case of not having the money to spend or is Wenger reluctant to spend big?  Imagine what he could achieve at a club with lots of money like City or Chelsea.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 20, 2013, 02:16:34 PM
Wenger is an unbelievable manager, but what is the story at Arsenal.  Is it a case of not having the money to spend or is Wenger reluctant to spend big?  Imagine what he could achieve at a club with lots of money like City or Chelsea.

Was told that Arsenal have a fairly tight wage structure ( I am being generous in my terminology) and alot of their good players move on for the higher wages.
Maybe they are also taking the longterm approach of waiting for the" fairplay rules "of UEFA  to kick in and then to prosper. A ground paid for, sellouts every week, London based, CL every year (so far anyway) is imvho not a bad base to start from again.

Chelsea, 2 Manchester clubs are living in a financial cuckooland at the moment.

ONeill

Unfortunately not. I used to think it was a money issue but Wenger's recent buys suggest he's not the soundest judge of a player.

Back when France were a major power, he raided them for Henry, Pires, Petit, Vieira, Wiltord, Anelka and after a while Flamini, Gallas, Sagna, Nasri, Diaby and Clichy. When the French talent dried up he was nabbing players like Chamakh and Squillaci and then the French league for Gervinho and Giroud whilst players like Michu and Ba went under the radar.

He appears to be dependent on his native country's talent and as it has taken a dip, so has his judgement.

He has a great philosophy as to how the game should be played but he needs the best players to execute it.

T Fearon

A Spurs win on Sunday week will confirm the demise of Arsenal and the return of N.London's original club to it's natural heritage as Kings of the Area.

ONeill

Yes, a win for Spurs should see Totteringham finish above Arsenal for the first time in 20 years.

I couldn't give a feck about North London bragging rights.

T Fearon

You haven't even bragging rights in Islington these days ;D aye the goons don't care about bragging rights! St Totteringham's Day wasn't bragging at all,was it? ::)