Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

A real sign of ambition would be to cash in on Walcott at this moment and purchase a real quality forward or winger. His price will have rocketed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2012, 08:45:03 PM
A real sign of ambition would be to cash in on Walcott at this moment and purchase a real quality forward or winger. His price will have rocketed.
On ESPN Kevin Keegan said Walcott's agent will be doing cartwheels around the stadium.

leaveherinsir

Now waitin on Arsenal for a tidy wee accum. Should i cover this bet?

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

BennyHarp

Quote from: leaveherinsir on January 01, 2013, 04:59:34 PM
Now waitin on Arsenal for a tidy wee accum. Should i cover this bet?

I'm waiting on them too - wouldn't be too confident at the minute
That was never a square ball!!

tyroneman

Having Wilshire and Arteta in MF at same time is redundant. Both there to keep play linked, neither particularly adept at breaking play up, neither break into the box.

Arsenal direly in need of a Lampard type player and  a proper DM

I feel sorry for Arsenal fans having to watch Gervinho. An abysmally poor player. Simply woeful in everything he does on a pitch.

Walcott showing tonight why he is vastly overrated. A nonentity over the first 87 min.

ONeill

When Cesc and Robin arrived, they were learning from Pires, Bergkamp, Henry, Sol, Keown etc every day. Now if some young talent from Derrylaughan arrives, he's playing alongside Gervinho, Chamakh, Gibbs and Fabianski. He'd learn more togging out at the shore swallowing midges.

Gaffer

Gervinho is a total and absolute  'word censored'

He is a 'word censored' of the highest order

He needs a kick in the 'word censored' and told to 'word censored' off
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

I liked Arseblog's ratings this morning:

Having played like a harem of hungover New Year's Eve carousers Arseblog News has little choice but to speculate over what each player drank and did ahead of yesterday's god-awful draw with Southampton.

Wojciech Szczesny: 8/10 – half pint of lager shandy. Had an early night.

Kieran Gibbs: 4/10 – 70cl bottle of Glen's vodka. Woke up with his trousers around ankles.

Bacary Sagna: 2/10 – a box of red wine. Drank through till lunchtime before dozing off at 5.30pm.

Thomas Vermaelen: 4/10 – moonshine. Stayed up smoking fags with a random bloke until 4am.

Laurent Koscielny: 4/10 – 5 pints of eggnog. Lost his wallet and keys in the pub.

Santi Cazorla: 4/10 – bucket of sangria with sherry chasers. Tried his luck with a girl, failed, consoled himself with a kebab.

Mikel Arteta: 5/10 – festive sized bottle of Baileys. Woke up on the sofa (hair was still fine).

Jack Wilshere: 5/10 – tray of Jagerbombs. Shoving match with a big fella then puked in a taxi.

Theo Walcott: 4/10 – petrol from a rusting can. Disappeared, yet to be found.

Lukas Podolski: 3/10 – Scheiss beer (lots). Passed out on the tube home, woke up in the depot spooning a tr**p.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: 4/10 – tequila slammers. Wistfully called his ex...ten times.

Subs

Olivier Giroud: 4/10 – absinthe. Back to his for coffee.

Gervinho: 4/10 – White Lightning. Sobbed alone on a park bench.

Aaron Ramsey: 4/10 – Carlsberg Special Brew. Got his head stuck in a bin.

Dinny Breen

Only 216 days till the start of the new season, can't wait.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Do you think it'll snow the night?

rodney trotter

gerry

times are that bad that we cant even spell the players names right

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

That second half performance was like the old Arsenal, without the finishing talent.

Away to Chelsea on Sunday. If Rafa's men click I'd fear a hammering though that second half today offers a chink of light.

Main Street

Quote from: ONeill on January 16, 2013, 09:46:20 PM
That second half performance was like the old Arsenal, without the finishing talent.

By "Old Arsenal",  you mean Arsenal in earlier days of the Wenger era?