Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Giroud's a crowd favourite. He has a quare knack of getting his head under an opposition's corner. He seems to be a fox in le box - gets his toe or head on a cross.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

I just knew it wasn't going to be a great day for Arsenal at Villa Pk, when they tried to score during the 19th minute applause, in tribute for a cancer stricken player/ team captain.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Main Street on November 26, 2012, 10:05:00 AM
I just knew it wasn't going to be a great day for Arsenal at Villa Pk, when they tried to score during the 19th minute applause, in tribute for a cancer stricken player/ team captain.

Footballers live in a bubble - doubt they had a clue what was happening.
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

So everything is supposed to come to a complete stop for the 19th minute in every Villa home game??
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Walter Cronc

Talk of Huntelaar in the press this morning. Would be a bargain at 6 million!! I'd imagine his wages would be in the 75-100k mark. Thoughts??

Main Street

Yes I do believe the game should have stopped and the players join in the applause  ;D

I forgot, when in the Arsenal thread, use appropriate smileys to indicate that the post should not be taken literally even if there is only a 1% chance that the post could be taken seriously.

Sorry, Billy and Dinny, I was just extrapolating a bit of humour out of an observation of an event in the game.

ONeill

Why did Wenger have to spoil it with the trophy pledge.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2012, 09:55:51 PM

And the spelling mistake!

From the Bunker

Quote from: screenexile on November 28, 2012, 09:15:23 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2012, 09:55:51 PM

And the spelling mistake!

I note that you (are) totally committed and dedicated to this sport and that you won the RTE Player of the Year Award in 2012.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Wonder will the prof go?

The tide has definitely turned...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Arsenal will probably finish in the top 4 again.

Wenger is so good that he'll do it with a shower of shite.

But he's further from the title than ever in terms of creating a squad capable of achieving.

Is it him? Are his hands tied? Are the players not listening to him?

Wenger is a brilliant manager and I'll always place him ahead of Fergie through bias and Ferguson's tendency to buy players others dicovered but .......

The board will never sack him. He makes them a fortune. He gets them into the CL knock-out year on year whilst selling his best players.

Tony Baloney

If they are set on selling their best players and not splashing out big money on buying the best players they will remain a viable business however will any manager make inroads under those circumstances?