Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

An away draw against Stoke is a good result, it does actually take players time to settle. Arsenal will be fine.
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

The performance didn't indicate that the players weren't settled. It was just lifeless in the final third.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Puckoon on August 27, 2012, 03:07:02 PM
The performance didn't indicate that the players weren't settled. It was just lifeless in the final third.

So it's just a coincidence that Arsenals' new signings all play in the final third and that is where Arsenal struggled?

Arsenal have won only once away to Stoke in 4 years and have lost 3 times in that period, a draw is a good result and Arsenal dominated possession and territory and had more shots than Stoke. It wasn't the worse performance in the world, Arsenal aren't the side of old but given time and patience they'll come good this season.
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

Fair enough point Dinny - I just worry about a total lack of spark up there. Settling period or not, one decent sniff of a goal in 2 games is a little iffy.

Dinny Breen

I see Walcott refused a contract extension and unbelievably Arsenal look like getting 15 to 20m for him this week  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

...as Swindon score 4 past a near full-strength Stoke at the Brittania tonight.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Denn Forever

Are Gooners worried?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19406655

Theo Walcott has rejected a contract offer from Arsenal but talks are ongoing between the club and player.

The 23-year-old winger, whose contract expires in 2013, wants to stay and is willing to continue negotiations.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Forever Green

Getting rid of Walcott will be the best bit of business Arsenal do this tansfer window. f**king dreadful footballer

I like how everyone is writing Arsenal off already, I did at the same stage last year as well but they recovered brilliantly. Once Giroud and Podolski settle, they will be a force to be reckoned with this year. Cazorla is a brilliant wee player, probably the signing of the season imo. They could do with another striker and a defensive midfielder though

3rd and a CL quarter final for Arsenal this year me thinks

Denn Forever

All is well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19406655

I heard he was linked with Man City but also Liverpool was mentioned.  Could he function in the BR type of play?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

gerry

i see our friend came on as a sub tonight
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

laoislad

Quote from: gerry on August 29, 2012, 11:11:47 PM

Man City are planning on paying for Theo Walcott with their Arsenal club card points.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armaghgeddon

Who are these gooners you all speak of?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

gerry