Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Have seen zilch of the game but Martin O'Neill always sets his teams out to frustrate Arsenal, always better to play his teams towards the end of the season when they are bollixed due to lack of rotation so no surprise with the result especially when you factor in that is the 3rd nil all draw with Sunderland at the Emirates in the last 3 years.

Important that the defence settles early and from reports apart from the opening spell Arsenal were comfortable, can take strikers a while to settle so concerned but they should have more space away from home.
#newbridgeornowhere

joemamas

Was at the game yesterday, underwhelming to say the least, maybe when injuries clear we will be better, a shadow of the team that was there even two years ago. more hope than anything for this season I am afraid. Song also gone. Mertesacker seems very labored in his movement. Fast forward will cause him problems.

Over the Bar

Oneill, if Giroud really misses more than he be scores Wenger is the man to sort that out.  Henry was a headless chicken for months after his arrival at Highbury and kept the advertising-hoarding repair men in work for half a season.

gerry

looks like M'Vila and Sahin could be coming our way.  seemly song wanted wanted his 55k a week contract bumped up inline with other players and was pissed of when wenger said no

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

If that happens, and allowing for bedding in time, that changes everything. Two class acts.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on August 19, 2012, 10:51:36 PM
If that happens, and allowing for bedding in time, that changes everything. Two class acts.

Are you bi-polar per chance?
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

If those lads arrive, it gives Le Arse a squad.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tyroneman

Arsenal very poor today. Too many b-list players and not enough grit. No leaders anywhere in MF or forward line.

Carzola a bright spark but Giroud and Podolski are far from capable of being the main striker. Both are players who can flourish in support roles though so Arsenal need another striker. Simple as.

ONeill

Listen, that was shit today.

Arsenal have replaced good players (Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, RVP, Flamini etc) with inferior ones over the last few years. It's quite amazing how Wenger has kept them in the top 4 every year although VP did it almost single-handedly last year.

Walcott - crap, brainless, fruity, overhyped but the penny is dropping.
Gervinho - no bite, stupid, no awareness.
Ramsey - balls have disappeared since the injury. Lost.
Mertesecker - Just doesn't really care that much for the cause. Will do simple things but now losing aerial battles regularly.
Giroud/Podolski - no world beaters. Didn't impose themselves at all.
Chamberlain - overhyped
Arteta - a good player
Cazorla - excellent so far but noticeably greedier though he probably looks around him and knows to go it alone
Diaby - give me strength. No bite in the tackle. Doesn't want to know if someone slaps into him.
Vermaelen - fine player
Gibbs - can't pass accurately
Jenkinson - puts in a 'shift'

If Wenger can get that shower into the top four the man is a magician. Two 0-0s. I'd fear this year. I know this time last year was worse but VP was still there.

Puckoon

Gerviniho isn't even the distant relative of a player. Mertesacker is shite. Or as they say in Germany, f**king shite.

Arteta and TV5 are good, jenkinson just brings nothing. Him and Gervinhio on the same wing is painful to watch.

ONeill

But it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that Arsene will get them playing well for a strong 3-4 month period which'll throw them into the mix again.

Outside of Cazorla, I saw nothing that made Arsenal a better side than the likes of Everton today.

I think Liverpool will give them a beating next week.

tyroneman

The question must be asked - where has Wenger's judgement of a player gone this last few years...def more miss than hit....